Forum Regular

Ted Leo interview at the A.V. Club today

Worth checking out if you appreciate him as I do:

http://www.avclub.com/content/interview/ted_leo

-Coop

What do you think of Living With The Living? I think it has some very good songs but far too much filler for me to listen straight through. Now that I think about it that's true of all of the RX albums. I guess he'll never do anything up to the level of Chisel's Set You Free again but there still are plenty of good songs left in him, he just needs to edit himself a bit more IMO.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    What do you think of Living With The Living? I think it has some very good songs but far too much filler for me to listen straight through. Now that I think about it that's true of all of the RX albums. I guess he'll never do anything up to the level of Chisel's Set You Free again but there still are plenty of good songs left in him, he just needs to edit himself a bit more IMO.
    Set You Free is a great album, but Tyranny of Distance is pretty darn good too, the rest of The Pharmacists stuff, (that I've heard), is pretty meh. I'll probably pass on this latest.
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Pfft.

Tyranny of Distance blows away Chisel, and Shake the Sheets was damn good too. What are you guys smoking?

Edit: Oh, and Ted's cover of "Since U Been Gone" was entertaining as well.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    Pfft.

Tyranny of Distance blows away Chisel, and Shake the Sheets was damn good too. What are you guys smoking?

Edit: Oh, and Ted's cover of "Since U Been Gone" was entertaining as well.
    I'm smoking some Okanagan Valley Gold. What are you smoking?
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Tyranny blows away 8AM All Day but not Set You Free. Two against one. We win

NP:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    What do you think of Living With The Living? I think it has some very good songs but far too much filler for me to listen straight through.
    Yeah, some of it isn't as immediate as in the past, but it hardly bothers me when the good stuff is as good as it is. "La Costa Brava" is his most anthemic track since "Biomusicology" (and maybe since "Treble in Trouble") and there's such a sense of unbridled passion throughout that it's hard for me to nitpick.

-Coop

Forum Regular
    I just realized when re-reading an earlier post that I've used "unbridled" as a descriptor twice in rapid succession. I either have a subconscious yen for a romance novel or just really prefer my music bridle-free.

-Coop

Thread Information