Swishdaddy is moving on.

As some of you know, our house sold in one stinkin' day on the market and we have to move by the end o' the month. It's been pretty stressful, along with all the other things going on in my life at the present, but the worst will be over within a few days.

Dismantling my HT room was really painful. Not only the thought of leaving it behind, but the loads of work involved in disconnecting all the equipment, inter-connects, speaker wires, packing up the electronics and speakers, plus boxing up a few thousand or so CDs, plus a load of DVDs and vinyl. We do have movers coming on Wednesday, but they're only moving furniture and boxes as we'd never let them pack our stuff. It gave us a chance to get rid of a lot of junk, but we gave some furniture to our kids, donated bags of clothing to the Salvation Army, and then some furniture and a couple of older TVs, to the Rescue Mission. It's really good to simplify and rid ourselves of so much clutter, but it's a lot of hard work.

We'll have to come back Thursday to clean up nicely and get the last remaining tidbits, then we settle on Friday. I think I'll be drinking to excess Friday night and regretting it on Saturday.

Anyway, for those of you who send me toonage on occasion, be sure to PM me for an updated address.

Peace out,
    Swishbabydaddy
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Suspended
    Good luck with the move and everything that goes with it. Hopefully you will be back in Tunes soon!

Gah- I helped a friend move over the weekend, and I couldn't help but think many times of how awful it's gonna be when I move and have to move all my music stuff. Bleagh.

Have fun. Stock up on beer- it's the only thing that's gonna save you.

I have a case of Stoudt's American Pale Ale and a case...

[QUOTE=Finch Platte]Gah- I helped a friend move over the weekend, and I couldn't help but think many times of how awful it's gonna be when I move and have to move all my music stuff. Bleagh.

Have fun. Stock up on beer- it's the only thing that's gonna save you. [/QUO]

...of Troeg's Pale Ale, so no worries there. I'm just pulling my hair out with all the details I have to deal with right now. I want my mommy!
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Suspended
    [QUOTE=Swish]
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Gah- I helped a friend move over the weekend, and I couldn't help but think many times of how awful it's gonna be when I move and have to move all my music stuff. Bleagh.

Have fun. Stock up on beer- it's the only thing that's gonna save you. [/QUO]

...of Troeg's Pale Ale, so no worries there. I'm just pulling my hair out with all the details I have to deal with right now. I want my mommy!
    I'm going here http://ironabbey.com/index-2.html for dinner tonight, I will slug a few down in memory of your old house.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    I will slug a few down in memory of your old house.
    That's as good a reason to drink as any!

Prost!

Suspended
    I feel your pain Swish. I moved around a lot in the past but have been in my current house for several years. Now I have even more stuff.... I really would like to get new carpet in my sound room but the thought of moving everything out of there and disconnecting gives me nightmares. I'd have to box up everything just like moving.

Have you picked out a new cave yet?

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    I really would like to get new carpet in my sound room but the thought of moving everything out of there and disconnecting gives me nightmares. I'd have to box up everything just like moving.
    We moved last summer and two months after moving in, repacked everything that we had unpacked to put new carpet on the entire second floor (four rooms and a hallway). Then we unpacked everything and settled in. A month after the new carpet went in I dropped a black coffee on our new white carpet. The stain didn't come out, even after two professional cleanings. We contacted Stainmaster and after filling all of their requirements, they agreed to replace the carpet under warranty. We then had to repack our entire second floor AGAIN and move everything out so that we could replace all the carpet.

It sucked!

But cudos to Stainmaster for standing behind their product and being very customer friendly. I would now never buy anything but Stainmaster carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    We moved last summer and two months after moving in, repacked everything that we had unpacked to put new carpet on the entire second floor (four rooms and a hallway). Then we unpacked everything and settled in. A month after the new carpet went in I dropped a black coffee on our new white carpet. The stain didn't come out, even after two professional cleanings. We contacted Stainmaster and after filling all of their requirements, they agreed to replace the carpet under warranty. We then had to repack our entire second floor AGAIN and move everything out so that we could replace all the carpet.

It sucked!

But cudos to Stainmaster for standing behind their product and being very customer friendly. I would now never buy anything but Stainmaster carpet.
    I would think this is still better than not clearing out the second floor and looking at the stain for a lotta years to come. Kudos to Stainmaster.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

It sucked!

Man, I wanna change my moniker to the Stainmaster.

I'd probably have to change a LOT of things.
    Last edited by Finch Platte; 07-29-2009 at 08:00 AM.

Good luck. We are going to have to move in the next year or two, and I am not looking forward to it. Maybe I'll just bark orders and have the kids pack and move everything.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Just what you need: A place for your stuff!

"The great tragedy of science--the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact."--T. Huxley

Since we sold in one day on the market...

I feel your pain Swish. I moved around a lot in the past but have been in my current house for several years. Now I have even more stuff.... I really would like to get new carpet in my sound room but the thought of moving everything out of there and disconnecting gives me nightmares. I'd have to box up everything just like moving.

Have you picked out a new cave yet?
    ...and the buyers home was also under contract, we had to be out by the end of July, leaving us inadequate time to find another home in the area where we want to live. We decided to rent for 1 year and test the waters next spring, so we'll need to move yet again next year, but it will be much easier since we aren't unpacking non-essentials and I don't have an HT room with a kabillion wires and connectors. We paid movers to do the heavy stuff but packed everything ourselves, so we saved quite a lot. We also gave away, tossed away, and donated a ton of furniture and clothing, so we won't have to deal with so much next year.

That's a classic and so true.

Quote Originally Posted by Auricauricle
    Just what you need: A place for your stuff!

I never thought George was all that funny. He had a few good things though, and this was indeed one of them. We are trying to simplify and will be giving the heave-ho to all lot more in the coming months. When in doubt, toss it out...or give it away, or donate it....

Suspended
    So far FA is holding a slight lead in the "pain baring award" Yeah, I bet coffee on white was plenty disgusting.

Stone, maybe after you get the kids some experience you can rent them out, maybe with a few extra hands i might be motivated to tackle my sound room. But if they break your stuff, deals off.

So far FA is holding a slight lead in the "pain baring award" Yeah, I bet coffee on white was plenty disgusting.
    I wasn't trying to win any awards. I sympathize for Swish. Moving sucks. I was just pointing out to you that I understand the pain of having to pack everything up to install carpet. Unfortunately, I have lots of experience in that dept.

Suspended
    I know, I was just kidding because your experience would have been equally as much of a pain.

I know, I was just kidding because your experience would have been equally as much of a pain.
    The bright side is that I was never fond of the white and gave in to Hubby who wanted white (which is so unpractical!). When we replaced it we were able to change it to a nice tan colour, which is what I wanted in the first place and is much nicer. Even Hubby thinks so.

If you ever do get new carpet in your sound room, don't get white!

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I've chronicled my many travails with the move. I'm glad to read that you found the minimalizing cathartic...amen, brotha...

In any case, I expect to be a recipient of that new addy...if only to give a brand new housewarming gift of useless coasters...

Consuela calls, peace mon ami....

~sticks
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    I've chronicled my many travails with the move. I'm glad to read that you found the minimalizing cathartic...amen, brotha...

In any case, I expect to be a recipient of that new addy...if only to give a brand new housewarming gift of useless coasters...

Consuela calls, peace mon ami....

~sticks
    Sticky my man, I trust all is well in your sphere? I was wondering if you were following Rich's lead and becoming "Color Me Gone 3". Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin Da Blues
    Sticky my man, I trust all is well in your sphere? I was wondering if you were following Rich's lead and becoming "Color Me Gone 3". Cheers
    Well, I don't know where Sticks has been hiding. But apparently there is no access to PMs in Sticksland.

Well, I don't know where Sticks has been hiding. But apparently there is no access to PMs in Sticksland.
    He's becoming our resident "Man of Mystery".

Thread Information