• 05-17-2007, 10:03 AM
    Swish
    Swish takes a new moniker.
    I shall now be known as Grandpa Swish.

    Grandpa Swish
  • 05-17-2007, 10:08 AM
    Mr MidFi
    Can I assume you will be standing on your porch, shaking your fist and exhorting those dad-gum youngsters to keep off your lawn?

    I mean, more so than usual?
  • 05-17-2007, 10:21 AM
    Swish
    Ha! I've been doing that for years...
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Mr MidFi
    Can I assume you will be standing on your porch, shaking your fist and exhorting those dad-gum youngsters to keep off your lawn?

    I mean, more so than usual?

    ...but now I'll do it with more enthusiasm.

    Grandpa Swish
  • 05-17-2007, 10:26 AM
    3-LockBox
    Are you going to drive really slow around town with your turn signal stuck in 'left turn' position and your seatbelt hanging outside the car?


    Thought so...


    geezer!
  • 05-17-2007, 10:48 AM
    Monkey Bones
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Swish
    Ha! I've been doing that for years...

    http://www.viagra.com/images/viagra_logo_2.gif

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Grandpa Swish
    ...but now I'll do it with more enthusiasm.

  • 05-17-2007, 11:20 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Swish
    I shall now be known as Grandpa Swish.

    Grandpa Swish

    Congratulations Grandpa! But some of us need more details. Boy or Girl (I hope it's a girl, girls rule!). Name? Serial Number? Was there music in the delivery room? If so, what was the first music that the little joy heard?

    And, of course, we need a picture once you have one.

    My warmest wishes to your family on such a happy occasion!

    Edit: Just read your post on the Audiogirl thread and see that you have a granddaughter, so the Boy or Girl question has been answered. Did I know it was going to be a girl? Can't remember. Congrats again. I'll bet that there will be some very nice cigar smoking going on in your house!
  • 05-17-2007, 12:05 PM
    Swish
    Very funny MonkeyBoy.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Monkey Bones

    I prefer Cialis.

    Grandpa Swish
  • 05-17-2007, 12:09 PM
    Swish
    Her name is "Nora Grace"...
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Congratulations Grandpa! But some of us need more details. Boy or Girl (I hope it's a girl, girls rule!). Name? Serial Number? Was there music in the delivery room? If so, what was the first music that the little joy heard?!

    ...and she weighed in at a whopping 8 lbs. 13 ounces. I don't know what that amounts to in the metric system, so you hosers will have to figure it out for yourself.

    Pictures will be available shortly. I was away all damned week, after the c section was completed on Monday morning of course, and just got back today, so I need to upload the pics we have so far, but all were taken at the hospital. Daughter just got released this afternoon so I plan to visit tomorrow and get much better pictures.

    Grandpa Swish
  • 05-17-2007, 12:10 PM
    Swish
    I may be a geezer, but there are some older ones on RR...
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    Are you going to drive really slow around town with your turn signal stuck in 'left turn' position and your seatbelt hanging outside the car?


    Thought so...


    geezer!

    ...right Monkey Bones?

    Grandpa Swish
  • 05-17-2007, 02:31 PM
    Slosh
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Swish
    I shall now be known as <s>Grandpa</s> Grandaddy Swish.

    <s>Grandpa</s> Grandaddy Swish

    Isn't that better? note spelling

    Congratulations, for um . . . . . . for not dying just yet :D

    In your honor I'm gonna play McLusky's "Your Children Are Waiting For You To Die" right now :)
  • 05-17-2007, 04:16 PM
    Swish
    Yeah, Grandaddy is much better.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Slosh
    Isn't that better? note spelling

    Congratulations, for um . . . . . . for not dying just yet :D

    In your honor I'm gonna play McLusky's "Your Children Are Waiting For You To Die" right now :)

    Shame they're no longer a band (sigh). Never heard that McLusky tune, but judging by the title, I don't think I would like it much.

    Swish
  • 05-17-2007, 07:14 PM
    tentoze
    Congrats, or commiseration, as appropriate. It happened to me twice in 5 weeks just recently.
  • 05-18-2007, 06:01 AM
    Swish
    1 Attachment(s)
    Ok, so here's a pretty good picture of the little one.
    This was taken in the hospital, so she still has a few bumps and bruises, but I'll post another in a few weeks.

    Grandpa Swish
  • 05-18-2007, 07:36 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Well isn't she cute!
    And she has a big mouth, just like her Grandpa! :smilewinkgrin:
  • 05-18-2007, 08:31 AM
    Ex Lion Tamer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Swish
    ...and she weighed in at a whopping 8 lbs. 13 ounces. I don't know what that amounts to in the metric system, so you hosers will have to figure it out for yourself.


    Grandpa Swish

    Congratulations Grandpa, that is some awesome news. Are you going to usurp the parents authority and take your granddaughter under your musical wing? Teach her what's right, old man!

    BTW when my girls were born the metric measurement was never mentioned, (9-lbs 5 ozs and 8lbs 6ozs). In some ways Canada still uses good ole imperial; ie most Canadians have no idea how many kilos they weigh. I know I don't, nor the square meterage of their house. Besides, in Canada the metric system was simpl a gas-company conspiracy so they could raise the prices by 50-cents a gallon overnight without people quite realizing what hit them.

    Congratulations again.
  • 05-18-2007, 03:38 PM
    Swish
    Thanks dude. They actually have a similar taste in music....
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ex Lion Tamer
    Congratulations Grandpa, that is some awesome news. Are you going to usurp the parents authority and take your granddaughter under your musical wing? Teach her what's right, old man!

    BTW when my girls were born the metric measurement was never mentioned, (9-lbs 5 ozs and 8lbs 6ozs). In some ways Canada still uses good ole imperial; ie most Canadians have no idea how many kilos they weigh. I know I don't, nor the square meterage of their house. Besides, in Canada the metric system was simpl a gas-company conspiracy so they could raise the prices by 50-cents a gallon overnight without people quite realizing what hit them.

    Congratulations again.

    ...not all, but much of it. I still can't get them to dig Wilco, but I'm working on it.
  • 05-18-2007, 03:39 PM
    Swish
    I won't deny it! Most of my family is the same way...
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    And she has a big mouth, just like her Grandpa! :smilewinkgrin:

    ...and she'll probably be telling me off in a few months.

    Grandpa Swish
  • 05-18-2007, 03:50 PM
    Mike
    Congratulations
    Hey great news, goodwishes to all. Of course the best thing about grandchildren is 'they take them away at the end of the day' at least that's what my mum says.

    My kids are only 9 and 2 so at this rate I'll be pushing up daisies when they are producing.

    Cheers
    Mike
  • 05-19-2007, 08:32 AM
    audiobill
    Way to go!!
    Congratulations, Swish !! There's tons of spoiling that needs to happen, now and I'm sure you're just the right gran'pa to do it.

    Thanks for the wonderful photo -- she looks a lot like you, man -- and I mean that in the best possible way.

    Cheers,

    audiobill
  • 05-20-2007, 08:48 AM
    Swish
    She looks like me? Really? I guess that's 'cause she's...
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by audiobill
    Congratulations, Swish !! There's tons of spoiling that needs to happen, now and I'm sure you're just the right gran'pa to do it.

    Thanks for the wonderful photo -- she looks a lot like you, man -- and I mean that in the best possible way.

    Cheers,

    audiobill

    ...wearing my genes. Doh!

    Grandpa Swish
  • 05-20-2007, 08:50 AM
    Swish
    Twice in 5 weeks? Wow, that's awesome!
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by tentoze
    Congrats, or commiseration, as appropriate. It happened to me twice in 5 weeks just recently.

    So who had them, your daughters, your daughters-in-law, or one of each? Were they both boys, both girls, or one of each? Inquiring minds want to know!

    Grandpa Swish
  • 05-20-2007, 11:12 AM
    bobsticks
    Well lookey-lookey Grampy Swish...

    That picture is classic. Looks like she's going to have that rock 'n' roll rebel tude that will drive her parents crazy and make you smile in yer elder years.

    Congrats to you and yours.
  • 05-20-2007, 03:36 PM
    Swish
    Thanks bobster, or stickster, or bobsticksster.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Well lookey-lookey Grampy Swish...

    That picture is classic. Looks like she's going to have that rock 'n' roll rebel tude that will drive her parents crazy and make you smile in yer elder years.

    Congrats to you and yours.

    Well, her dad is a rock 'n roll drummer with tats on his arm, so I don't think she'll make them too crazy...but ya never know. As for the elderly years, I'm already there according to most of the ball-busters on RR. :ciappa:

    Grandpa Swish
  • 05-21-2007, 05:31 AM
    Stone
    Congrats, Swish!

    You can spoil her, then send her back with her parents. I envy you.
  • 05-21-2007, 06:45 AM
    Rae
    Congratulations... baby!!

    ~Rae
  • 05-21-2007, 08:37 AM
    Swish
    How about 'Grandpa Swish Baby'?
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rae
    Congratulations... baby!!

    ~Rae

    I'm starting to act like Sean "Puff Daddy, P Diddy, Diddy" Combs.

    Thanks you young whipper-snapper. You little skate punk, you little corn-fed mohawk mutant!

    Grandpa Swish Baby.