Gotta show love for PappaChubby.

The Complete Blue note 50 sessions by Lee Morgan is an outstanding work.

Morgan was a teenager when these recordings where made. Look who he was playing with.

Horace Silver on piano, Paul Chambers on bass, Benny Golson on sax, Wynton Kelly on piano, Sonny Clarke on piano, Doug Watkins on Bass , and Art Taylor on drums.

Only Horace Sliver and Benny Goldson are alive today in to their 80's and still performing. Art Taylor lived to be 66, and Wynton Kelly to the age of 40...none of the others lived beyond age 33.

Lee Morgan was murdered by his live in girl friend who shot him in his heart he was 33. Paul Chambers died of tuberculosis brought on maybe by drug abuse...he was an addict who at 33 died of TB. Wynton Kelly died at the age of 40 from an epileptic seizure. Sonny Clark died of an over dose of herion at the age of 31. Doug Watkins died when he fell asleep at the wheel while going to meet drummer Philly Joe Jones. He was hit head on by a truck...he was 27

Just want to give you a shout-out Chubbs...

frenchmon
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Or..
    Pop a chubby to show love?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I'll share in that PoppaChubby love. I was going to post my own PC thread today.

Chubs sent me a few tunes by a Canucklehead band called Hawksley Workman. I've heard of the band but never heard the band until this morning when I spun the tunes (can you spin an iPod?) in the car on the way to work and then again a few times in the office.

Outstanding stuff that others on this board MUST hear. I'll likely post more of a description and review in a dedicated thread when I have more time. Right now I am drowning in new projects and am busy formulating my excuses for why I can't meet my deadlines.

Gotta run!

Rae
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Chubs sent me a few tunes by a Canucklehead band called Hawksley Workman. I've heard of the band but never heard the band until this morning when I spun the tunes (can you spin an iPod?) in the car on the way to work and then again a few times in the office.

Outstanding stuff that others on this board MUST hear. I'll likely post more of a description and review in a dedicated thread when I have more time.
    Hawksley Workman (just a guy, I think) has definitely made the rounds here, I'd guess about 8 or 9 years ago. Courtesy of audiobill, if memory serves. I picked up (Last Night We Were) The Delicious Wolves around that time but I'd be curious to hear what he sounds like now. At that time it was a heavy Jeff Buckley vibe...

~Rae

I have a disc by a guy named Popa Chubby, it's got a cover of a song called Palace Of The King which absolutely rawks, and the rest of the disc licks dangling, flaccid hippo balls.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Glad you guys are enjoying the music. Rae pick up Los Manlicious for a recent HW album.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae
    Hawksley Workman (just a guy, I think)
    aka Ryan Corrigan

That's right noob, Hawksley Workman is a stage name. However, he uses the same musicians over and over which gives the name a band feel.

Man alive, Morgan really was a genius. I'm listening to Gaza Strip, so rhythmic yet each note perfectly selected.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poppachubby
    Glad you guys are enjoying the music. Rae pick up Los Manlicious for a recent HW album.
    Or wait a week for Meat.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Or wait a week for Meat.
    Forgot, boy time flies. Thanks FA.

Thread Information