Stars and BSS shows

Printable View

• 11-30-2005, 09:22 AM
    ToddL
    Stars and BSS shows
    They are both coming live, I know there are lots of fans here.
    I can tell you Toronto for both of them in December
    Stars are doing 6 nights in a row
    BSS 2 nights but both appear to be sold out.
    They should both be all over North America soon
  • 11-30-2005, 10:28 AM
    Jim Clark
    I get it now. TO = Toronto! That little nugget didn't actually occur to me until sometime last night and even then I wasn't positive.

Sounds like one heck of a run in Canada, which only makes sense. I wouldn't want to make any bets but I think that Stars made a run through Lawrence, Ks within the last couple of months. There have been a couple of shows lately that I just haven't been able to get to. Late nights and a guy turning into an old man, stuff like that.

Hope you have your tickets and are able to enjoy some time out.

Regards,
    jc
  • 12-02-2005, 07:34 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    I get it now. TO = Toronto! That little nugget didn't actually occur to me until sometime last night and even then I wasn't positive.

This is what you think about at night? Just to be sure that you don't lie awake in bed wondering about the pronunciation...it's Tee-Oh...not Two.

Todd, please let me know how The Trews show is tomorrow night. I realized that we have theatre tickets tomorrow night (some show based on Billy Joel's music. I think it's called Moving Out) so I couldn't go. I see that they sold out. Good for them.

Have fun!!
  • 12-02-2005, 10:30 PM
    3-LockBox
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I realized that we have theatre tickets tomorrow night (some show based on Billy Joel's music. I think it's called Moving Out) so I couldn't go.

FA, let us know what you think about that show. I've heard that it (or a version of it) is coming around my neck of the woods. BTW: Have you seen Mama Mia (the show based on ABBA songs)?
  • 12-05-2005, 07:14 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Moving Out
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    FA, let us know what you think about that show. I've heard that it (or a version of it) is coming around my neck of the woods. BTW: Have you seen Mama Mia (the show based on ABBA songs)?

Well, I wasn't much impressed by Moving Out. It was not what I was expecting. The cast does not sing the songs like they do in Mama Mia (which I haven't actually seen yet). This was a band playing the Billy Joel tunes and a dance troup telling the story of Brenda and Eddie, and Tony (as in Moving Out/Anthony's Song), and James and Judy (not sure where those names came from). It takes place in the 60's so that the boys can go to war...conveniently changing lyrics to, Brenda and Eddie were the popular steadies in the summer of sixty-five. :eek:

Act One: Brenda and Eddie break up. She and Tony start a relationship. James and Judy get married, then all three boys are shipped off to war. James is killed. Judy is a widow and in mourning.

Act Two: Tony and Eddie come home. Brenda became kinda slutty but eventually she and Tony pick up where they left off. Eddie becomes a drunk and drug abuser. Somewhere along the way everyone cleans up their acts and they all live happily ever after.

The music and the band were very talented as were the dancers. The choreography was kind of repetitive and uninspired. Although it really showed off the technical expertise of the dancers, it was not very entertaining. The story sucked huge hippo balls. If we hadn't read the plot synopsis before the show began, we would not have known what was supposed to be happening. In fact, even after reading the synopsis there were places where I just thought, WTF?

Overall, if you can get cheap seats and like Billy Joel's music, it's worth a night out just to hear the band and the vocalist who was outstanding! If you have to pay a lot for the tickets, you're better off waiting for Wicked to roll into town. That's a play worth seeing!