• 03-04-2008, 11:05 AM
    Swish
    Spoon is coming to Philly April 10th...
    ...and I'm pretty sure I'll be there. It's a Thursday night (bummer) at the Electric Factory, but I'll have to make the sacrifice since this is one of only a handful of bands that I really need to see live, and the price is only $15. a veritable steal.

For those of you in other areas, here's the remaining shows on the mini-tour;

03-06 Bloomington, IN - Private Jack Daniel's show
    03-10 Mexico City, Mexico - MX Beat Deportivo
    03-14 Austin, TX - Antone's (Merge SXSW showcase)
    03-17 Austin, TX - Stubb's (Esquire SXSW showcase)
    04-12 Nashville, TN - Private Jack Daniel's show
    04-21 Baltimore, MD - Sonar
    04-22 Philadelphia, PA - Starlight Ballroom
    04-26 New Haven, CT - Toad's Place
    04-27 Northampton, MA - Pearl Street
    05-27 George, WA - Sasquatch Festival
    06-16 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

Since we'll be in Austin in May, there's a good chance they'll be playing somewhere around the area since they're based there. Lucinda could be too, although we've seen her twice, so no big deal if not.

Swish
  • 03-13-2008, 10:29 PM
    thereyet
    You are gunna love them
    I have been fortunate to see them twice in the last six months and they are very fun.

Both shows were festivals, so it could have been in a better context but i am NOT complaining. You go when you get the chance and that is all there is to it. I fell for this band from the minute I first saw them on PBS at about 2:00AM Austin City Limits S X SW clips.

Bought everything i could get my hands on .

I had just about quite going to live shows when the bands I had grown up with just felt like a rip off @ 80-150 bucks a pop. To hell with that.

Now I find that there are these really great sounds and back to the 20 bucks I remember in small venues or festivals and here I am going o shows again and taking the teen aged son along with. What a blast. For that price i can even pop for his friends too.

Anyway, have a great time.

ty
  • 03-14-2008, 05:52 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    So Swish, is this Electric Factory in the same location as the original Electric Factory? Were you ever at the original? I was well aware of it when I was much younger; my sister went to it a few times to see some of the biggies back in the 60's & early 70's, but what I remember most about it is while listening to WMMR, you'd constantly hear commercials saying "Electric Factory Concerts presents..."

A LOT of history in that place...
  • 03-16-2008, 01:51 PM
    Swish
    Yes, it's the the same one as always as far as I know.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    So Swish, is this Electric Factory in the same location as the original Electric Factory? Were you ever at the original? I was well aware of it when I was much younger; my sister went to it a few times to see some of the biggies back in the 60's & early 70's, but what I remember most about it is while listening to WMMR, you'd constantly hear commercials saying "Electric Factory Concerts presents..."

A LOT of history in that place...

I haven't been there in better than 4 or 5 years, and probably haven't seen more than 5 or 6 shows there in all my years. When I was younger we didn't venture to Philly often, opting for shows closer to home. Now I go there quite a bit since many of the indie bands I prefer don't make it nearby very ofter. The Trocadero, TLA, World Cafe Live, Tin Angel, The Tower, The Mann, the Keswick and the Khyber all have a pretty decent lineups throughout the year, so I keep my eye on their websites and try to see the ones that really float my boat.

Swish