• 08-10-2010, 11:19 AM
    Stone
    FA, if you could just list your collection, that could be my answer to your question.

:lol:
  • 08-10-2010, 11:44 AM
    noddin0ff
    For me it's has always been The Moody Blues: Knights in White Satin.

tripe. drivel. urp. take my ears please.
  • 08-10-2010, 01:09 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Stone
    FA, if you could just list your collection, that could be my answer to your question.

:lol:

I'm wounded! Truly, that hurts.

Just say the word Stoney and I'll send you some samples. In fact, I'll even include a pair of knitting needles. :p
  • 08-10-2010, 01:46 PM
    Hyfi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by noddin0ff

just listened to it last night
  • 08-10-2010, 02:00 PM
    GMichael
    Quote:

On that note, you can add anything by The Doors for my list.
  • 08-10-2010, 02:10 PM
    Mr Peabody
    OMG! ditto Don't Kill The Whales, dig it, dig it..... Good grief what was Anderson on when he wrote that and how did he convince enough people to get it on the album.

Going on record as a Creed and Nickelback fan. In fact, Nickelback was one of the best concerts i attended, it was the showmanship as well as the music.

I agree Toby Keith and his clones are what's wrong with Country but I really disagree he is retro. Country to me is Alan Jackson, Dwight Yoakum, Randy Travis etc. I like the songs Lies by Reba but her style is too candlelight for me.
  • 08-10-2010, 02:11 PM
    Slosh
    This thread reads like a tracklist to a FinchComp :p
  • 08-10-2010, 02:14 PM
    Mr Peabody
    Alright!! Time To Shut This Thread Down. First Skynyrd And Now The Doors, It's All Gone Bad.......
  • 08-10-2010, 04:43 PM
    Smokey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Alright!! Time To Shut This Thread Down. First Skynyrd And Now The Doors, It's All Gone Bad.......

I told you FA opened up a can of worm :D
  • 08-10-2010, 05:44 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slosh
    This thread reads like a tracklist to a FinchComp :p

This is the first time I have literally spit liquid out of my mouth when reading a post. Where has our Finchy been?
  • 08-10-2010, 05:48 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokey
    I told you FA opened up a can of worm :D

I happen to agree with both Lynard Skynard and The Doors as songs that qualify for this thread. There are a few Doors song that I don't hate, but overall I think that the band is highly overrated.

Here's the can opener. :D
  • 08-10-2010, 06:01 PM
    Stone
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I happen to agree with both Lynard Skynard and The Doors as songs that qualify for this thread. There are a few Doors song that I don't hate, but overall I think that the band is highly overrated.

Here's the can opener. :D

Wow. I happen to agree with everything in this post. I take back what I said about your collection, FA.
  • 08-10-2010, 06:05 PM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish
    ...it was a very nice little song by Dolly Parton that was mutilated by Whitney and all her damned vocal excess....eyeeeeeeeeyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyeeeeeeeei, will always loveaYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Good grief.

Oh ya I love Dolly singing her song.
  • 08-10-2010, 06:07 PM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    OMG! ditto Don't Kill The Whales, dig it, dig it..... Good grief what was Anderson on when he wrote that and how did he convince enough people to get it on the album.

Going on record as a Creed and Nickelback fan. In fact, Nickelback was one of the best concerts i attended, it was the showmanship as well as the music.

I agree Toby Keith and his clones are what's wrong with Country but I really disagree he is retro. Country to me is Alan Jackson, Dwight Yoakum, Randy Travis etc. I like the songs Lies by Reba but her style is too candlelight for me.

Dwight is the man!
  • 08-10-2010, 06:34 PM
    PeruvianSkies
    Quote:

Yeah, I hate songs about "Knights" in White Satin....so horrendous and medieval all at once.
  • 08-10-2010, 06:42 PM
    noddin0ff
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyfi
    just listened to it last night

lol. you wouldn't happen to be my ol' college roommate would you?
  • 08-11-2010, 05:27 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Wow. I happen to agree with everything in this post. I take back what I said about your collection, FA.

So we know that you don't like what I don't have. That doesn't mean that you'll like what I do have.

You were right the first time. :yesnod:
  • 08-11-2010, 07:47 AM
    3LB
    I like me some Feist

can't stand anything by Rod the Mod post '75. The song Love Touch and its video were wretch inducing.

When The Going Gets Tough by the black Rick Ashtley, Billy Ocean was also made doubly bad by its accompaning video.

then there's the gawdawful new wave meets reggae Electric Avenue by Eddie Grant...
    "oh no!....oh no!....oh no!....goood gawd!"
  • 08-11-2010, 08:21 AM
    3LB
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PeruvianSkies
    Yeah, I hate songs about "Knights" in White Satin....so horrendous and medieval all at once.

yeah, what would that 'round table' look like
    ?

where's Mr Excalibur?
  • 08-11-2010, 12:20 PM
    Stone
    Quote:

So we know that you don't like what I don't have. That doesn't mean that you'll like what I do have.

You were right the first time. :yesnod:

I was just trying to be nice, but it failed. You're right; I still think your music sucks.
  • 08-11-2010, 02:05 PM
    Mr Peabody
    Yip, Eddie Grant definitely qualifies.
  • 08-11-2010, 02:39 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

I was just trying to be nice, but it failed. You're right; I still think your music sucks.

I wasn't falling for that nice act. :ciappa:
  • 08-11-2010, 03:21 PM
    Troy
    Quote:

GAWD I HATE C'MON EILEEN!?

I know, I'd rather come in Eileen, not on her!

Don't kill the whale sucks donkey balls, but the worst Yes song is Circus of Heaven.

What if god was one of us?

What was that sappy and awful Eric Crapton song about his dead kid? You know, the kid that fell to his death because he had no adult supervision? Good thing Eric made a little cash with that song, eh?
  • 08-11-2010, 04:04 PM
    Mr Peabody
    Man, Troy, that was harsh.
  • 08-11-2010, 04:09 PM
    jrhymeammo
    "I do the Rock" by Tim Curry.