songmeanings.net

I always wondered if there was a website out there which interpreted song lyrics. Of course there's dozens that list the lyrics, but http://www.songmeanings.net/ has a little forum after the song lyrics where users can speculate as to what the lyrics might mean. Some are pretty funny. The sight's worth bookmarking for all us music geeks.

Quote Originally Posted by newtrix1
    I always wondered if there was a website out there which interpreted song lyrics. Of course there's dozens that list the lyrics, but http://www.songmeanings.net/ has a little forum after the song lyrics where users can speculate as to what the lyrics might mean. Some are pretty funny. The sight's worth bookmarking for all us music geeks.
    I enjoyed reading about the song "Gaucho" by Steely Dan. I was never quite sure what they were getting at, but I had an idea.. turns out I was close to the general concensus, but you can never really be sure huh? Sometimes the songwriters don't even know..
    If being afraid is a crime we'll hang side-by-side,
    at the swingin' party down the line..

The Replacements

I tried 2:45 by Elliott Smith, and got through about 10 posts with three different interpretations before I gave up. Sometimes it's better not to know.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Their thread on Blue Oyster Cult's "Astronomy" was...well, there were some posts with insights that I hadn't heard before, but ultimately the signal-to-noise ratio was a bit too low.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

the last thing I want to read about is what a song means to someone else....yawn.

Thread Information