Forum Regular

Some nice "scores" from local Borders today!

30% off of every cd and dvd!

So I snagged the new Rush "Snakes and Arrows" 3 dvd set for $ 17.29, U2 Live at Red Rocks remaster dvd thingy, $13.99, quite a decent haul IMHO.

Wish they had those new audiophile Cars and Alice Cooper reissues out but no luck.

I was wishy-washy about the Rush but it is very very good. Glad I bought it. Sonically, IMHO, their last 4 or so studio releases are turds but still, live the new stuff is done very well.

Maybe I need to go back and get that Styx dvd...

U2 - real curious about that but I will see - but heck, I got the super duper dvd for the price of the cd so what the heck? I did go see the U23D film last year and liked it a lot.

Take care -

Dave

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Hi Dave!

Wow- blast from the passed. Hey, Dave!

I, too, benefitted from Border's largesse, snaffling ZZ Top's Tres Hombres (remixed! bone-us tracks!!) for less than $6. Saw Robin Trower's Bridge Of Sighs, too (w/ a concert included to fill up the disc), but didn't pick it up.

Man, they can't anything in its proper place there. Due to my record store employment, I was picking stuff up & moving it to its correct lactation by rote, but it didn't do much good.

Don't be ass tranger, Dave!

fp

Forum Regular
    Hi gyus, gals, and dweebs (Troy)(LOL)

Sorry for the time out but, well, you know, yadda yadda...

FWIW that U2 Red Rocks dvd is KILLER. The audio and video quality are superb, almost film-like. This was just about when you could tell they were going to be big - they played up a storm and Bono had yet gotten his "attitude" (but you can see it budding for sure), and they all look so young...

But if you like U2 and concewrt dvd's, this one is excellent, especially for 14 clams.

fp - I hardly ride anymore but will start back this spring, I hope - got back into disc golf again in a big way. Been enjoying the heck out of it...

Dave

Thread Information