Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    So would it be considered thread-crapping if I said I like Led Zeppelin? A lot? 'cause I do. Despite my distaste for most things mainstream. I know, I'm weird, I'd probably like Flipper, too, and my fondness for Kylie Minogue is well-documented.

Good thing the music scene is not a contest. Hey, your band can beat up my band! Who cares? They're not fighting.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

F*#K THIS. I'm going to the record store, then home, and Led Zep WILL NOT be involved.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    So would it be considered thread-crapping if I said I like Led Zeppelin? A lot? 'cause I do. Despite my distaste for most things mainstream. I know, I'm weird, I'd probably like Flipper, too, and my fondness for Kylie Minogue is well-documented.

Good thing the music scene is not a contest. Hey, your band can beat up my band! Who cares? They're not fighting.
    Hey, I like all hot girl bands. With their steamy tight clothes and..... uh, I'll be right back.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

If anyone is keeping an official count please put me down in the Led Zep blows column. Wasn't always that way. I tried to conform and bought a ton of albums including a bootleg. Never did really work out though. Thank gawd Devo, Depeche Mode, and Soft Cell rescued me from the evil. My kids have my Led Zep vinyl now. I don't even care if they take care of'm.

I will say that Rodrigo y Gabriella's cover of "Stairway" is freaking mesmerizing especially on DVD. Can't think of any good use for that song except in this instance. So I guess I have to give some credit where it's due.

Early VH, and by early I mean the first 2 albums, remain a guilty pleasure every couple of years or so. Back in 79 - 80 I didn't know any better. Kids are stupid.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    If anyone is keeping an official count please put me down in the Led Zep blows column. Wasn't always that way. I tried to conform and bought a ton of albums including a bootleg. Never did really work out though. Thank gawd Devo, Depeche Mode, and Soft Cell rescued me from the evil. My kids have my Led Zep vinyl now. I don't even care if they take care of'm.

I will say that Rodrigo y Gabriella's cover of "Stairway" is freaking mesmerizing especially on DVD. Can't think of any good use for that song except in this instance. So I guess I have to give some credit where it's due.

Early VH, and by early I mean the first 2 albums, remain a guilty pleasure every couple of years or so. Back in 79 - 80 I didn't know any better. Kids are stupid.

jc
    Conform? Thats pretty lame. Dont buy anymore,leaves more for me to find.
    Look & Listen

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    ...thanks for the math comp (haven't spun it yet, but I was on the road all week), and secondly, I only changed the title. I was mentioning how I never saw a "closed" thread in all my years on RR. I was referring to the Rich-in-Texas thread about Audioslave in which he mentioned Led Zep, to which I ripped into them for ripping off most of their best songs. I guess he didn't like what was happening so he closed the thread...at least that's what appears to have happened per Dusty Chalk's response. Stone suggested I change the title of my new thread to....you know the rest...and I did change it.

Feel better now?

Swish Baby
    Maybe you're not as priveleged as I am. I closed it because I was talking about Audioslave. But because you have a hard-on for Led Zeppelin, a band I and millions of others enjoyed back in the day, it went off topic and since the tool was available, I used it.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    They're just one of those bands that I never liked and have gotten annoyed with hearing people talk about them as if they are so amazing. To me, virtually none of their material has had the slightest appeal. Yet, I have heard countless people ramble on endlessley about how fabulous they are. It just bugs me.

And, personally, I don't even care how much of their material they ripped off. I just never liked the final product, ponderous, overblown rock star bul**** and about the perfect symbol of things I dislike in music.
    So how old are you nobody? Were you alive in the 70's? Do you have any idea how it felt to live in that awesome decade? Or are you like Duds:
    Quote Originally Posted by Duds
    can't even remember the last time i took out a zeppelin cd to listen to. totally over them, maybe listened to them too much in college or something.
    What year did you graduate college Duds?

Gee, it only took you three months to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Maybe you're not as priveleged as I am. I closed it because I was talking about Audioslave. But because you have a hard-on for Led Zeppelin, a band I and millions of others enjoyed back in the day, it went off topic and since the tool was available, I used it.

So how old are you nobody? Were you alive in the 70's? Do you have any idea how it felt to live in that awesome decade? Or are you like Duds:

What year did you graduate college Duds?
    I don't actually have an ax to grind for Led Zep, but when I found out about this it really ticked me off, hence my nasty post.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Suspended
    Gee, it only took you three months to respond
    Funny how it coincides with your latest Led Zeppelin rant, huh?

I don't actually have an ax to grind for Led Zep, but when I found out about this it really ticked me off, hence my nasty post.

Swish
    Someone who takes over a thread to criticise a band, then brings it up three months later with a Howard Stern quote sounds like one with an axe to grind.

Nah, I don't have an ax to grind.

Someone who takes over a thread to criticise a band, then brings it up three months later with a Howard Stern quote sounds like one with an axe to grind.
    A friend sent me the audio clip from the Stern show that same day and I thought others on the RR board would be interested in hearing it, and I was right.

I used to like LZ, but classic rock does nothing for me these days. Like Brad H, I learned more than a few of their songs on guitar and (gulp) hate to admit that I can play 'Stairway to Heaven', not that I would care to! I also know that nice lead from Whole Lotta Love. No, I never hated them, I just hate that they didn't credit the people who wrote the songs.

I'm officially shelving this topic, but I'll certainly read any further comments made.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

A friend sent me the audio clip from the Stern show that same day and I thought others on the RR board would be interested in hearing it, and I was right.

I used to like LZ, but classic rock does nothing for me these days. Like Brad H, I learned more than a few of their songs on guitar and (gulp) hate to admit that I can play 'Stairway to Heaven', not that I would care to! I also know that nice lead from Whole Lotta Love. No, I never hated them, I just hate that they didn't credit the people who wrote the songs.

I'm officially shelving this topic, but I'll certainly read any further comments made.

Swish
    So, I could write anything I want? Maybe even mispel a word or so, and you wouldn't write back?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    "Maybe even mispel a word or so,"

That's a given.

"Maybe even mispel a word or so,"

That's a given.
    Well, I thought it was funny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information