Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Stainmaster Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Fumbuck
    Posts
    2,630

    So, who is Steve T.?

    I got this email: What's your addy FP? I will make a Thrash Muzak comp for you and try to send it by tomorrow if possible.


    Any ideas?

    fp

  2. #2
    In perfect harmony DarrenH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wolverine Country
    Posts
    552
    It's our bud Mad Man Rhetorik. Or just call him Mad Man for short.
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

  3. #3
    Rocket Surgeon Swish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,918

    Read the attached and you'll prolly remember...

    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    I got this email: What's your addy FP? I will make a Thrash Muzak comp for you and try to send it by tomorrow if possible.


    Any ideas?

    fp
    My first comp....whaddya think?

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I got the idea when I was listening to Death's Sound Of Perseverence, specifically the amazing instrumental "Voice Of The Soul." Hey, why not make an album of all metal instrumentals? Think of it as thrash muzak. ; P

    Here's my playlist. Anybody here interested?

    Shut Up And Play: Metal Instrumentals

    Playlist:

    1. Losfer Words (Iron Maiden)……………………………… 4:12
    2. Wedding Nails (Porcupine Tree)……………………….… 6:33
    3. Molten Universe (Kyuss)……………………………….… 2:49
    4. Apothecaries’ Weight (Kyuss)………………………….… 5:21
    5. Cosmic Sea (Death)………………………………………. 4:28
    6. Voice Of The Soul (Death)……………………………….. 3:42
    7. The Call Of Ktulu (Metallica)……………………………. 8:53
    8. Orion (Metallica)…………………………………………. 8:28
    9. To Live Is To Die (Metallica)…………………………….. 9:48
    10. The Dance Of Eternity (Dream Theater)…………………. 6:13
    11. Triad (Tool)………………………………………………. 8:46
    __________________
    "Arguments...agreements...advice....answers....art-tic-cul-late announcements....it's only TALK!"
    -Adrian Belew
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

    If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

  4. #4
    Stainmaster Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Fumbuck
    Posts
    2,630

    But why...

    ...does he think I might like thrash??

    fp

  5. #5
    In perfect harmony DarrenH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wolverine Country
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    ...does he think I might like thrash??

    fp
    Because you asked for one silly.

    In the very next response to the post above.
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

  6. #6
    Global Village Idiot mad rhetorik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Cortland NY
    Posts
    444

    Lightbulb Uh...

    I was under the impression that you wanted one of my comps, FP. I mistook your post under the "My First Comp" thread as a request. Sorry.
    "...and then at the end of the letter I like to write <i>'P.S. - this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.'</i> "


    <b>_R.I.P. Mitch Hedburg 1968-2005_</b>

  7. #7
    Stainmaster Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Fumbuck
    Posts
    2,630

    Still confused.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenH
    Because you asked for one silly.

    In the very next response to the post above.
    Porcupine Tree, Kyuss and Tool certainly aren't thrash. WTF? Alzheimers kicking in a couple months too early on me???

    fp

  8. #8
    Global Village Idiot mad rhetorik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Cortland NY
    Posts
    444

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Porcupine Tree, Kyuss and Tool certainly aren't thrash. WTF? Alzheimers kicking in a couple months too early on me???

    fp
    Actually, the name of my comp is "Shut Up And Play: Metal Instrumentals." All of the songs featured on the comp are metal (including that PT instrumental). Maybe "thrash muzak" was a poor choice of words (though there are instrumentals from Metallica and Death on there which cover that genre).

    Once again, I apologize for any confusion re: your reply to the "First Comp" post.
    "...and then at the end of the letter I like to write <i>'P.S. - this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.'</i> "


    <b>_R.I.P. Mitch Hedburg 1968-2005_</b>

  9. #9
    Stainmaster Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Fumbuck
    Posts
    2,630

    Well, I'd still like a copy.

    Quote Originally Posted by mad rhetorik
    Actually, the name of my comp is "Shut Up And Play: Metal Instrumentals." All of the songs featured on the comp are metal (including that PT instrumental). Maybe "thrash muzak" was a poor choice of words (though there are instrumentals from Metallica and Death on there which cover that genre).

    Once again, I apologize for any confusion re: your reply to the "First Comp" post.
    Just don't send me any Devo.

    fp

  10. #10
    all around good guy Jim Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a dead sea of fluid mercury
    Posts
    1,900
    What we have here folks is a prime example showing why it's important to always wear a helmet when riding a bicycle down a mountain.

    jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

  11. #11
    Stainmaster Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Fumbuck
    Posts
    2,630

    Uh...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    What we have here folks is a prime example showing why it's important to always wear a helmet when riding a bicycle down a mountain.

    jc
    ...it's probably the beer, not the crashes. But it was an email from someone who wasn't on my Hotmail list, I didn't know anyone by the name of Steve T. (there was no indication from his email he was MR), and I hadn't ordered a thrash comp per se, so I was a little suspicious. You never know what the RIAA might be up to these days...

    Cut me a little slack, here?

    fp

  12. #12
    dld
    dld is offline
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dallas, Tx.
    Posts
    246
    Hey Steve T, watch out for this guy, he promised me a Debbie Boone comp months!! ago and still hasn't delivered
    Do I have to spell it out?

    C---H---E---E----S----E

    A--N--D

    O---N---I---O---N---S

    Oh No

  13. #13
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Lawrenceville
    Posts
    1,112
    FP did a Donny Osmond/Barry Manilow comp a while back that is killer.

    Dave

  14. #14
    all around good guy Jim Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a dead sea of fluid mercury
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    ...
    Cut me a little slack, here?

    fp
    Question: If I cut you slack does that make you a slacker or a slackee?

    'nother question: Is this going to be the biggest RR thread of the week?

    jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

  15. #15
    In perfect harmony DarrenH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wolverine Country
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_G
    FP did a Donny Osmond/Barry Manilow comp a while back that is killer.

    Dave
    Yeah, and his Zamphir comp weren't too bad either.
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

  16. #16
    Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    below the noise floor
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    Question: If I cut you slack does that make you a slacker or a slackee?

    'nother question: Is this going to be the biggest RR thread of the week?

    jc
    Or would that make you a tailor? (Cut him some slacks? :groan: Never mind...)
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

  17. #17
    Stone Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Just don't send me any Devo.

    fp
    Alzheimer's and loss of taste in music both kicked in a bit early . . .
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

  18. #18
    Dubgazer -Jar-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by dld
    Hey Steve T, watch out for this guy, he promised me a Debbie Boone comp months!! ago and still hasn't delivered
    screw that, where's my Debbie Gibson comp FP ya loozer..
    If being afraid is a crime we'll hang side-by-side,
    at the swingin' party down the line..


    The Replacements

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Name your favorite Bass players and why.
    By Hyfi in forum Rave Recordings
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 07:37 PM
  2. Proof of placebo effect ?
    By okiemax in forum Cables
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 06:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •