Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

So, I've been banned from Rocky Road.

A bunch of crap went down today, mostly involving YECH. He ("and others") were issued a warning about the language in posts. Several posts were deleted.

When I tried to post, I found I had been banned! WTF?!? What did I do?? I made nowhere near the insulting amounts of posts he did, and I get banned?? I mean, he insulted about 43 different people/races in one post! I think it's because he made several contributions ($$) to the site over the years that made a difference.

I'm bummed 'cause I kinda liked that place- the way it was set up and the fast load times. Oh, well. Guess I'll have to post in here about music no one likes.

fp
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Suspended

My condolences

Yeah that seems like he has them in his back pocket...er maybe the front.

here is another oddity, they deleted half of the thread but left this post.
    http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/mus...ges/49646.html

Pretty funny how the guy cries when someone rides him in the same way he rides others.

What???!!!

Man, I can't believe you were banned instead of Yech and his gang of bashers at AA!!!

What a nonsense thing this one, huh? They insult everybody over and over again out there and when someone gives them a single response in the same level, he's banned summarily this way!!!

I feel very sorry to hear about this injustice. :-(

Demetrio.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Well that sucks Finch. Sorry to hear that. I really don't spend any time over there because of Yech and his kingdom of troglodytes. Any music site that allows the kind of crap that goes on there, isn't a site that I want to waste my time on.

I'd rather waste my time on this site.

Let Yech rule his little kingdom. He obviously doesn't have anything else of value in his life.

Besides, I like your music.

P.S. That picture looks more like a meercat than a mongoose.

Finch--try again, maybe tomorrow. Moderators can make strange decisions at times but it makes no sense they would ban you. Maybe it's just some kind of 'vacation' they have you on. Which also makes no sense, but an outright ban, especially without warning, is off-the-charts insane, especially in this case.

Demetrio--in case you thought I was kidding about my recommendation in yr thread about reference recordings, I was not. In fact, I supplied that recording to a friend when he was auditioning car stereos literally 20 years ago. Not a joke, as you would see if you clicked on the link I supplied.

For the record, for the millionth time, I do not support Yech's personal attacks on other posters. Road Warrior, in case you are not aware, is DLD/Ron Nasty from this board. It's a shame the Asylum's been such a mess the past couple of days, but let's not lose perspective here. It's not exactly a national tragedy. I realize it's probably not easy to ignore personal attacks, but I maintain it would be the best policy. FP getting banned is ridiculous, but if that's actually as a result of the action of a mod over there, I can't imagine they would not be amenable to reason.

But...whatever.

I don't like others.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MindGoneHaywire
    I realize it's probably not easy to ignore personal attacks, but I maintain it would be the best policy.
    So...you think Audio Asylum has it right?

I mean, that's pretty much what they do over there, and he seems to have the run of the place.

Unless that's what you want.
    Last edited by Dusty Chalk; 06-13-2005 at 07:55 PM.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Thanks, all.

As I type this, I get teary-eyed thinking about missing out on the scene over there. Yes, there was a bit of bashing, but at first I thought it was all in fun. Then, YECH went on full attack mode, insulting my friends over here, and using really bad words. I was a bit shocked and awed the mods let it go on like they did.

Thanks for your support *sniff* and check your PMs.

fp

Forum Regular
    We love you, Gary.

Dave

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    There's too much inconsistent BS at all the AA forums...I don't know for sure, but I suspect the average age of posters here is much, much older. Better taste in music too.

I'd see being banned from AA as a positive...but that's just me...

Road Warrior, in case you are not aware, is DLD/Ron Nasty from this board.

But...whatever.
    Really? Had no idea from the posts especially the one where Road Warrior feigns just finding Rave Recs and doing a search for Troy's disc. That whole LT issue goes down another road but like you said...whatever.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

I banned myself from AA 6 months ago.

Suspended
    Road Warrior, in case you are not aware, is DLD/Ron Nasty from this board.

That would explain a few things. DLD had always treated me well so I was surprised when there was a post with kindness in the message. It's a shame he takes part in the support of Yech.

Hey, if you want to fight it...

I hear Tom Mesereau is available now. (yeah, I had to look his name up).

Geez, first Slosh bans you from his comp, and now this...stay away from sharp objects for awhile dude!

Ban Yech

You know, I used to have fun trading quips with Yech. I remember long ago posting a rant about The Fabulous Thunderbirds and other blues acts just to piss him off; having guys like unleasHell and Dustychalk chime in...he used to tollerable back then, but for some reason he got so nasty toward the end. I posted a responce over at AA that supported Yech in a tongue-in-cheek way (my intent was to give him crap when he replied). But then I scanned down the threads and found a couple where he actually attacked the honor of a couple of female members of this board. I'm all for taking 'it' as good as I give 'it', but I was floored at how gutteral and vulgar he was about FA and Snowy. It would be different if they had ever had such a repore twix the three of them, but when its obvious that Yech has gone too far, he isn't apologetic, he just gets meaner.

Funny thing is, FP was probably safe until he posted about Yech financial contributions.

BTW: They moved FP's complaint about Yech's posting vulgar remarks about female members of RR to board called Whiner's Woad...seems that whoever moderates that board is in full support of anything Yech posts and will defend him with all dispatch up to and including banishment. Maybe Yech is the moderator!

Anyway, I think I'll poke at him through the bars until I get banned too.

Suspended

I feel better now

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    You know, I used to have fun trading quips with Yech. I remember long ago posting a rant about The Fabulous Thunderbirds and other blues acts just to piss him off; having guys like unleasHell and Dustychalk chime in...he used to tollerable back then, but for some reason he got so nasty toward the end. I posted a responce over at AA that supported Yech in a tongue-in-cheek way (my intent was to give him crap when he replied). But then I scanned down the threads and found a couple where he actually attacked the honor of a couple of female members of this board. I'm all for taking 'it' as good as I give 'it', but I was floored at how gutteral and vulgar he was about FA and Snowy. It would be different if they had ever had such a repore twix the three of them, but when its obvious that Yech has gone too far, he isn't apologetic, he just gets meaner.

Funny thing is, FP was probably safe until he posted about Yech financial contributions.

BTW: They moved FP's complaint about Yech's posting vulgar remarks about female members of RR to board called Whiner's Woad...seems that whoever moderates that board is in full support of anything Yech posts and will defend him with all dispatch up to and including banishment. Maybe Yech is the moderator!

Anyway, I think I'll poke at him through the bars until I get banned too.
    I was just scanning some posts there and was under the impression you were shaking his hand so to speak. I could not figure out how a person with your level of spirituality could even choose to have a civil conversation with him. When I came here and read this I was most relieved.

If anyone should have been banned I guess maybe it should have been me. I was merely trying to alert the sleeping mods over there to how people are treated on a regular basis when they try to post what they like. All I did was mirror the actions of their hero. Seems it's ok when he does it to everybody but when someone steps up and gives it back he cries like a baby. I told him just recently when he accused me of getting him banned from here, I had nothing to do with it. I will do what I need to do in to open. Again, it was not me who alerted the mods but I suppose my actions did. It did go too far when he could not rattle me so he chose to lash out at women.

I have a hard time believing anyone in their right mind would support that but there is a whole board full of them at AA.

Call me a kiss ass(dusty) or whatever you like....I appologize to all here for stooping to that level but someone needed to and I chose myself.

Hyfi

All in all maybe I made my point...as futile as it may seem to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi

I have a hard time believing anyone in their right mind would support that but there is a whole board full of them at AA.

I appologize to all here for stooping to that level but someone needed to and I chose myself.

Hyfi

All in all maybe I made my point...as futile as it may seem to be.
    At one point I tried to use that "what if I started doing the same thing" approach in a lame attempt to prove a point. Went over 'bout as good as a McDonalds in New Dehli.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Road Warrior, in case you are not aware, is DLD/Ron Nasty from this board. It's a shame the Asylum's been such a mess the past couple of days, but let's not lose perspective here. It's not exactly a national tragedy. I realize it's probably not easy to ignore personal attacks, but I maintain it would be the best policy. FP getting banned is ridiculous, but if that's actually as a result of the action of a mod over there, I can't imagine they would not be amenable to reason.

But...whatever.
    Yeah, I really can't understand why DLD continues to "play" with Bryan. When he was posting as Tibor Nagy, he actually made some offensive racist comments, which is so not the David I thought I knew.

And you're so right about it not being a national tragedy. Of all the millions of people who surf the internet, there's a only a handful of people who have the time or inclination to post regularly on a message board. And out of that handful of people, there's probably only a one or two who are abusive.

Yech's not going anywhere. This is the only way he's able to get attention. I guess he feels like he belongs when a group of anonymous cranks backs him up.

Looks to me like they wind the monkey up and watch him perform. He's pretty cheap and reliable entertainment, I guess.

I have to wonder what AMAZON.COM would think of their sponsorship of Audio Asylum if they realize that the site condones abusive posts against women, probably their most important demographic. Hmm... I think I'll save a copy of the post that attacks me....

And does anyone else wonder why Bryan hates women so much and thinks that sex is dirty and bad???

Things that make you go HMMMMM, indeed!

No one will ever change Yech

I was just scanning some posts there and was under the impression you were shaking his hand so to speak. I could not figure out how a person with your level of spirituality could even choose to have a civil conversation with him. When I came here and read this I was most relieved
    Civility and tolerence are the cornerstones of spirituallity IMO, otherwise, what's the point. I wished he wouldn't be so cruel, but I can't control him...I can only control me. But you're right about one thing, he can't take it like he dishes it.

On the other hand, I have enjoyed your presence on the board lately; its been too long. I wished it were more music oriented but hey, its better than nothing I guess. Beings that I'm familiar with you, I know that you're not a Yech clone...the newbies might think otherwise, but you're OK in my book.

Call me a kiss ass(dusty) or whatever you like....I appologize to all here for stooping to that level but someone needed to and I chose myself.
    No, I won't call you a kiss-ass -- you seem to be where I was a couple years ago.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Leave it at AA, woodja?

Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    Leave it at AA, woodja?
    Hair lip.

Oh wait, that's a different joke. But same punchline. I say leave it at AA too..

Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    Leave it at AA, woodja?
    Don't click on the thread if it bothers you.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Forum Regular

What happened to DLD?

I thought he was one of the best people here.

dld
    Forum Regular
    Just a slow, inevitable decline in interest after over 4 years. Also, I felt like I was "taking" more than I was "giving", and I'm talking music information, not giving someone the "business".

Thought I'd do a drive by today to see who was calling me rascist and or wierd/strange

Off to Rocky Road to read about some more of Demetrio's prog groups that I prolly won't like

Thnx for the kind words.......(dig yer handle)
    Do I have to spell it out?

C---H---E---E----S----E

A--N--D

O---N---I---O---N---S

Oh No

Hey, DLD, I could hever realize you were Road Warrior at AA. Sorry if I was not so kind with you there some few times, ok? It's like there is some sort of "bad aura" at AA. I mean, anytime I arrive there I feel the need to be "a wolf among wolves".

Demetrio.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information