• 11-13-2012, 03:04 PM
    Finch Platte
    So, how about this new board look?
    Seems ok. *shrug* It works.
    ;)

Edit: Woah, the smilies have shadows! :eek:
  • 11-13-2012, 03:37 PM
    ForeverAutumn
    Not much different than the old version IMO.

Progressive Ears switched to this format days before AR did. I actually find it easier that the two music sites that I spend the most time on now look the same.
  • 11-14-2012, 04:30 AM
    Hyfi
    Not a big fan of Bubbles and Fluff. The thread icons are ugly but there are some nice new features I am discovering.

I prefer the layout at Audio Karma and Audio Aficianado, much simpler and easy on the eyes.

This look reminds me of what Microsoft was going for with XP. Even now, I always revert to the old classic style and turn off all the bubbly icons and toolbars.
  • 11-14-2012, 05:06 AM
    MasterCylinder
    At this board does it matter ?
  • 11-14-2012, 06:15 AM
    Swish
    Seems okay to me, but I haven't really checked into the nuances of it as yet. Too busy for the most part.
  • 11-14-2012, 08:10 AM
    Jack in Wilmington
    It's definately more concise. Everything is right down the center of the screen. with 3 to 4 inch white bars on the sides. It does the job and I guess that's what is important.
  • 11-14-2012, 08:31 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington View Post
    It's definately more concise. Everything is right down the center of the screen. with 3 to 4 inch white bars on the sides. It does the job and I guess that's what is important.

You can scroll down to the bottom of the page and change your style to "full screen" to get rid of the white bars.
  • 11-14-2012, 10:05 AM
    Jack in Wilmington
    Thanks FA. You're the best.
  • 11-14-2012, 04:48 PM
    Mr Peabody
    For better or worse, this forum works to where I can get on it now :). I sort of like the new lay out. Now I have to look for the button FA revealed. I wonder if it will save or have to be set each time I return.
  • 11-15-2012, 06:39 AM
    Mr MidFi
    Meh...
  • 11-15-2012, 08:16 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    For better or worse, this forum works to where I can get on it now :). I sort of like the new lay out. Now I have to look for the button FA revealed. I wonder if it will save or have to be set each time I return.

It should save your setting. I've only had to set it once.
  • 11-16-2012, 09:16 AM
    Finch Platte
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington View Post
    Thanks FA. You're the best.

Oh, yeah, that's much better. And more like the old style.
  • 11-16-2012, 10:24 AM
    ForeverAutumn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    So, how about this new board look?

It's not new...I've had a bored look around here for a few years now.

:p
  • 11-19-2012, 12:14 PM
    3LB
    Well, it loads faster. Not as fast as Progressive Ears, but then again, they're not running a bunch of adverts either. Maybe I try to load some YT vids to see if that works now...