So I saw Built to Spill last night...

...and it was a doozy of a show at Union Transfer in Philly, which has become my favorite place, not only because it's a really nice venue, but because they have so many good shows there. So far I've seen Swervedriver, The Joy Formidable, Andrew Bird, and now B.T.S.. I was supposed to see Destroyer last Sunday but ate the tickets because I got back from Myrtle Beach too late that evening,

I sincerely believe this band, while among my favorites of the last 20 years, sounds even better live. The 3 guitar attack led by frontman, lead singer and songwriter Doug Martsch was never over-powering and their leads and interplay always tasteful. As you might guess for a live show, some of the tunes were lengthened for some nice guitar soloing.

For the Built To Spill Fans, here's the setlist from last night;

Traces
    In The Morning
    Stab
    Virginia Reel Around the Fountain (Halo Benders)
    You Were Right
    Life's A Dream
    Strange
    Distopian Dream Girl
    Else
    Carry The Zero

Encore:
    Nowhere Nothin' ****up
    Joyride
    Big Dipper
    Broken Chairs
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

42 Regular
    I've still never seen them live, and I really need to. I was hoping they'd be added to the Lolla lineup, but it looks like they're playing RiotFest in September instead. Hmmm...
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Wink

I am so jealous! Built to Spill is one of my faves too, Swishy. Must have been quite the show. Fabu setlist btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    ...and it was a doozy of a show at Union Transfer in Philly, which has become my favorite place, not only because it's a really nice venue, but because they have so many good shows there. So far I've seen Swervedriver, The Joy Formidable, Andrew Bird, and now B.T.S.. I was supposed to see Destroyer last Sunday but ate the tickets because I got back from Myrtle Beach too late that evening,

I sincerely believe this band, while among my favorites of the last 20 years, sounds even better live. The 3 guitar attack led by frontman, lead singer and songwriter Doug Martsch was never over-powering and their leads and interplay always tasteful. As you might guess for a live show, some of the tunes were lengthened for some nice guitar soloing.

For the Built To Spill Fans, here's the setlist from last night;

Traces
    In The Morning
    Stab
    Virginia Reel Around the Fountain (Halo Benders)
    You Were Right
    Life's A Dream
    Strange
    Distopian Dream Girl
    Else
    Carry The Zero

Encore:
    Nowhere Nothin' ****up
    Joyride
    Big Dipper
    Broken Chairs

Whoa! Look who checked in from half-way around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by audiobill View Post
    I am so jealous! Built to Spill is one of my faves too, Swishy. Must have been quite the show. Fabu setlist btw.
    Hope all is well with you Billy-Bob! Try to visit here a little more often, okay?
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Thread Information