Pinback - Information Retrieved (first listen - wow!)

Not sure if we have talked about this one yet, though wouldn't doubt it's high on the Slosh lookout. Not due in the stores for another week or so, and honestly wasn't a highly anticipated release for me. Love these guys, and their Black Heart Procession brothers, and especially their Three Mile Pilot roots. Oddly enough, and maybe even without precedence, all three bands are still going and have produced quality records in the last few years, while still maintaining a distinct sound with all three bands. You can still hear TMP in both Pinback and BHP, but they have definitely gone in separate directions with the music.

Anyway, saw a lossless version available for "trial" yesterday and decided to give it a test ride ... and wow! What a nice surprise, after over a decade these guys may have dialed it in just about perfect for this one. First listen so don't take the above too seriously, but put this one on your list of music to check out before thinking 2012 is over for you. This sounds pretty special, and I do love Summer in Abaddon and Blue Screen Life and the others.

Yeah, it has been a few days for me.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

I have tickets to see them in Philly in November...

...so I'll certainly be sure to buy this before the show, although I would buy it regardless.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    It's on the autobuy list in these parts as well.

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I just got this one and it's a gem. It doesn't sound like its been 5 years since they released Autumn Of The Seraphs, pretty much picking up where that one left off. An instant repeater.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

My copy is on its way from DeepDiscount.com, along with the latest from Sun Kil Moon. Can't wait to see the former on November 9th, and I'm really ticked that I missed a recent show by Mark Kozelek in Philly recently. I found out about it just a bit too late. Perhaps another time.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

I just received my copy from DeepDiscount today and had to spin it right away. It didn't disappoint. My favorite track was the very last one called 'Sediment'. There's not one throw-away on this cd.

Next up: Among the Leaves - Sun Kil Moon. I got the bonus/double cd, so plenty to listen to as I head out for work. This may not be the best choice for my car, but I need to hear it ASAP.

Thread Information