Forum Regular

Best hi-res audiophile recordings 2014.

What new releases has caught your attention? and which new releases do you think deserves to be recommended to other forum members?

This new album from the new band Batik feat. Wolfert Brederode, who is also an ECM recording artist with his own band, really got my attention.

Beautiful compositions and and a beautiful sound, with a deep lush almost 3 dimensional Sound Stage.
    The music is a suite or a ''concept album'', as the youngsters prefer to call it,and has even though it is a very different type of music, a kind of a Pink Floyd vibe to it. Listen to track 4, and I think you'll know what I mean.
    Similar in sound to the other albums from the little label(Sound Liaison),which I have recommended before, but this time I think that they may have even surpassed their own high standard.

Batik "the Old Man and the Sea'';
    Wav; BATIK (WAV)

Flac;BATIK (FLAC)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaudi View Post
    What new releases has caught your attention? and which new releases do you think deserves to be recommended to other forum members?

This new album from the new band Batik feat. Wolfert Brederode, who is also an ECM recording artist with his own band, really got my attention.

Beautiful compositions and and a beautiful sound, with a deep lush almost 3 dimensional Sound Stage.
    The music is a suite or a ''concept album'', as the youngsters prefer to call it,and has even though it is a very different type of music, a kind of a Pink Floyd vibe to it. Listen to track 4, and I think you'll know what I mean.
    Similar in sound to the other albums from the little label(Sound Liaison),which I have recommended before, but this time I think that they may have even surpassed their own high standard.

Wav; BATIK (WAV)

Flac;BATIK (FLAC)

A band called Sound Of Contact. For those of you who enjoyed Genesis, Porcupine Tree, Flying Colors, etc. SoC is lead by Phil Collins' son Simon, who at times sounds eerily like his father. Looks like him, too.

Cheggumout. Thanks to BuryL for turning me on to these guys. One of the best discs I've heard in years.

SOUND OF CONTACT - Pale Blue Dot (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

Oh, yeah, it's not hi-res, sorry. Analog, I think?

Forum Regular
    Can you buy an LP with the music?

Forum Regular

Ecm

Just got this one, great album;

Eliane Elias/Marc Johnson; Swept Away

Swept Away sees the top-class quartet of pianist Eliane Elias, double-bassist Marc Johnson, drummer Joey Baron and saxophonist Joe Lovano commune over music that is engaging and sensual, lyrical and swinging. Brazilian-born star Elias previously joined ECM veterans Baron and Lovano on Johnson s 2005 ECM album, Shades of Jade, which reaped praise far and wide. The New York Times enthused over the luminescence created by the close partnership between Elias and Johnson, while The Village Voice said the album was shimmering yet its lusciousness has all sorts of tensile strength. The same words suit Swept Away, which includes a brace of melody-rich Elias compositions, ranging from the easy-flowing title track to the smoky romanticism of Be Is for Butterfly and after-hours vibe of It s Time. Johnsons brightly grooving, Eastern-tinged When the Sun Comes Up is another highlight, and the album closes with Johnson s solo bass treatment of the old American folk song Shenandoah. Swept Away is music of depth that is disarmingly easy to love.

Wav; BATIK (WAV)

Flac;BATIK (FLAC)

Forum Regular

Charlie Haden / Jim Hall

Charlie Haden - Jim Hall (Live From Montreal International Jazz Festival, Canada - 1990) - New | HDtracks - The World's Greatest-Sounding Music Downloads
    This one is a big disappointment.
    I love both artist but the sound very disappointing.
    Charlie Haden is normally know for exquisite sounding recordings but not here, the sound of the bass is like rubber bands across a cigar box.

Forum Regular

New links

Wav; Sound Liaison Music Shop

Flac;BATIK (FLAC)

The links for some reson did not work. These should work;

Wav; Sound Liaison Music Shop

Flac;BATIK (FLAC)

Forum Regular

Dunedin Mozart

This download is truly enjoyable.

Gramophone Recording of the Month:
    ‘Purely on grounds of performance alone, this is one of the finest Mozart Requiems of recent years. As with all of Butt's recordings, however, this Mozart Requiem is something of an event. It is Butt's minute attention to these details, though, that makes this such a thrilling performance.'
    And the sound is great too!

Linn Records - Mozart: Requiem (Reconstruction of first performance)

Thread Information