Quote Originally Posted by Troy
Darius, read my 11:15 post, I agree with you quite a bit, actually.

Yes, these artists are really "product". They are one part of a very large organization, just the most visible part. A quarterback is nothing without the team around him. Ditto racecar drivers. Even lawyers with their names on the building couldn't do thier jobs without all staff that goes largely unheralded.

I suppose my gripe is that its about "credit". Ashlee and Britney are idolized by their leigons of teenyboper fans as being musical queens. Important musical artists, when they are really just puppets. Sure, maybe there are some songs which are hooky as hell and "they rock" or "you can't sit still when you listen to them" or whatever. But these songs would still be good if YOU were singing them. Well . . . you know what I mean. The songs are bought and paid for pieces that these kids can then warble over. These gilrs are utterly replacable. That a few songs might be good does NOT mean they are good because of Ashlee or Britney.

Wow, spelling like a drunk today!
OK, I guess we don't really disagree that much on this; just a difference of emphasis. Boooring. Have a nice weekend! (I'm off now to go skiing in Colorado for the week -- woo hoo!)