Scott Reeder solo album

Printable View

• 12-20-2005, 07:19 AM
    Duds
    Scott Reeder solo album
    Yes, Scott Reeder as in the bass player for Kyuss. It's a damn good album, but nothing along the lines of Kyuss or stoner rock in general. If I had to compare it to anything, I would have to say its sort of like the Jerry Cantrell solo stuff.

The Album is called "TunnelVision Brilliance" and is comes out 1/24. Check it out!!
  • 12-20-2005, 07:35 PM
    3-LockBox
    now there's stoner metal?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Duds
    Yes, Scott Reeder as in the bass player for Kyuss. It's a damn good album, but nothing along the lines of Kyuss or stoner rock in general. If I had to compare it to anything, I would have to say its sort of like the Jerry Cantrell solo stuff.

The Album is called "TunnelVision Brilliance" and is comes out 1/24. Check it out!!

I only recently listened to this band and I must say they certainly did have a good grasp on the Soundgarden meets Deep Purple thing. Kinda jammy though, but still draws me in.
    Let us know how the new solo album sounds.
  • 12-21-2005, 05:08 AM
    Duds
    There are tones of stoner rock bands, even some websites devoted to this genre. My favorite is stonerrock.com. Kyuss was an awesome band, and its members went on to joing/start other damn good bands like Queens of The Stone Age and Fu Manchu.

The Scott Reeder solo album gets better with each listen. As I said in the original post, its similar to Jerry Cantrell solo stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    I only recently listened to this band and I must say they certainly did have a good grasp on the Soundgarden meets Deep Purple thing. Kinda jammy though, but still draws me in.
    Let us know how the new solo album sounds.