Saw/heard the most incredible concert DVD last night

A friend brought over Children Of Bodum's latest live DVD (is there more than one?), Chaos Ridden Years: Stockholm Knockout Live.

This is one of the best shows I've seen lately on DVD, and the sound is phenomenal. If you're not familiar with CoB, they're heavy, dark, progressive metal, and man, can they play. What takes it over the top for me is that they have a keyboard player (Janne Wirman), which adds an interesting dimension to the substantial din. You gots the 2 guitarists & bass (drums, too, of course), plus the keys, which makes for a punishing wall of sound. Often the keyboard player will double leads w/ the lead guitar (Alexi Laiho), and they really git goin'. Almost all the vocals are of the Cookie Monster-type, but I'm not there for the vocals. Production is very good as well, with a really cool front & center camera on the drummer that vibrates as he pounds his kit.

CoB have a sense of humor, which comes out as the DVD moves along. At one point, someone has a couple of brats on a stick, roasting them over a roaring flame pot onstage.

Joe Bob gives it two horns up. Check it out.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    They are pretty amazing...tons of technical skill and loads of humour. They do a great version of Brittany Spear's, "Ooops, I did it again!

Didn't I send you a boot of that a few months ago?
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Suspended
    From samples I've heard I sort of blew them off but if you say they are Prog in the Metal I'll have to check them out. Know enough to recommend a stand out album? Sticks I didn't know you got into that kind of stuff.

Thread Information