Thread: Tao of the Dead

Tao of the Dead

Pretty cool record cover ...

The mp3 download is up all over now (think it's out next week). I grabbed the VBR at Avax to give a trial listen, and man does it sound like crap. Actually, they do really bring the noise on this one, some fun tunes, but I sure hope the CD sounds a lot better than this. Kinda doubt it though, based on the plot of one of the songs below ...

You make this sound so enticing.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Man does it sound like crap.
    Like I want to run out and buy it right now. Yeah baby!
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    You make this sound so enticing. Like I want to run out and buy it right now. Yeah baby!
    Yea, I know, I wouldn't buy it having heard the preview. They made their own studio, hired a well known producer, put all their heads together and then put out something that a lot of people just won't buy because it sounds like crap. Pretty dumb.

On the other hand ... have you checked out the latest song of the day in my sig? Sounds pretty nice for mp3, though it is at 320k. Gouge away.

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    All of my Trail of Dead albums sound like shit, even on LP. This is one album where mp3 is good enough.
    Yea, I know, but you would think that with complete control over what they release (I assume) that they might actually listen to it beforehand. I guess most artists don't really care.

Been listening over and over to the new 5-track sampler from
    PJ Harvey's new one due out in another week or so. Good stuff. Swish Daddy will like this record (though he may not embrace all of the words ). It's got a nice mix of styles. She assumed the role of an English songwriter/war correspondent on this one. Encoded at 320 so makes a good preview of the CD. Background article at http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/833f70fa-2...44feabdc0.html

Thread Information