Thread: RIP Adam Yauch

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar

RIP Adam Yauch

The Beasties have been my main go-to artists for feel-good music for a long time. I thought Adam was getting better. This makes me sad.

I heard the story yesterday on FOX News of all places while home for lunch flipping channels. I flipped over to MTV for more info but found nothing but their regular, silly programming. Do they still even do music news? MTV used to have regular music news segments with Kurt Lowder (I think that was his name).

I remember him from the mid 80,s or later, doing what I believe was hip hop,punk & rock & roll, all mix into one, the Beastie Boys, not my type of music, but they sure had a large following,

whenever time an artist pass, its all music lovers lost RIP ADAM
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Pepper Adams-Baritone Sax
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano
    Paul Chambers-Bass & Connie Kay-Drums
    (....ALONE TOGETHER....) DEC. 30 1958
    produced by...Orrin Keepnews...

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    I have the entire Beastie's catalog. I love the Beasties. I'll miss the Beasties. R-to-the-I-to-the-P...
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Interesting thread..

I don't know what to say about the "Beastie Boys". I wasn't a fan of the "music" nor a fan of the band. I did like some of their later work when they actually began to play instruments the "Sabatoge" era I suppose. At least they learned to play instruments. I was watching their induction into the Rock and Roll hall of fame and could only shake my head. Rap hall of fame, maybe.. but do they deserve a plaque next to Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, John Lennon et. al? No, not if you ask me, but I'm old and the decision is made.

I'm sorry to see a talented man die so young. I know he left a wife and child and for that, I grieve. For those that love the BB's all things must end, but the music will live on.

Worf

Thread Information