Thread: X

X

Just thought I'd mention that I am leaving in minutes to go grab a few beers and then see X.

The original lineup is together again, Billy Zoom and all. They're playing with Rollins Band, some band I haven't heard before and some St. Louis fellas. If you like the psychobilly style stuff, check out Seven Shot Screamers, the local boys.

I expect to be calling off work tomorrow.

Damn good live music lately...The Time was fantastic on Friday night as well, by the way.

Been probably 23 years since I've seen X. That sort of reference always make me feel a whole lot older than I really am. Have fun and make sure you roll into work just so you can be sure that you will have the money to see someone else this weekend.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Calling off work? Oh man...

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    Just thought I'd mention that I am leaving in minutes to go grab a few beers and then see X.

The original lineup is together again, Billy Zoom and all. They're playing with Rollins Band, some band I haven't heard before and some St. Louis fellas. If you like the psychobilly style stuff, check out Seven Shot Screamers, the local boys.

I expect to be calling off work tomorrow.

Damn good live music lately...The Time was fantastic on Friday night as well, by the way.
    ...I haven't done that in years, although I can't think of a better excuse. They were one hell of a band back in the day. I actually was off today to play in a golf tournament, and I kinda wish I had stayed home. We started at 12:30 and it was about 95 degrees with humidity in the 90+ range as well. I probably drank about 2 gallons of water and drank 4 or 5 beers on the course, and I didn't have to (ahem) releave myself until I was headed out the door after the dinner was over.

Oh, this is about music. Well, I won't be at that Allentown Fair as mentioned several weeks back. With a great lineup (The Magic Numbers, Flaming Lips, Ween, Sonic Youth) that would have been a fine show, but it's on a Thursday and all my "friends" backed out, so I won't be going either. I will be seeing the Driveby Truckers in September, so that should be pretty good.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Jimbo...you'll be glad to know I got my ass up and I'm at work. A little late, but here. Thanks for lookin' out for me.

And, X was fantastic. The years haven't diminished anything when those four get together. And Billy Zoom has to be one of the most underrated guitar players ever. He was simply amazing and effortless all night long, grinning like a possum through it all. Most fun I've had at a show in years. The wife and I were strolling down memory lane all night.

OK...looking at them now and seeing some of the youngsters in the crowd made us feel old too, but who the hell cares? I like watching the young whippersnappers having their fun.

Wow! I guess that means that John Doe and Henry Rollins are now off the poetry slam circuit? I used to see both of them around town at spoken word events. Excellent stuff, but I never had to chance to see X play.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Thread Information