it's about the music

So what are your currently stapled to your CD player/ TT?

Just wondering.
    mine are Snow, Stupid dream, Abbey Road, Close to the Edge, Tommy and A passion PLay. i'm barely listening to anything else at the moment.
    cheers!
    I remember the days when I thought 128kbps sounded great and had never spent more than 10 bucks on cables...

Just picked up Los Lobos Live At The Fillmore and this really kicks major arse. This is gonna see some time in the player.

Wayne Robbins and the Hellsayers has been getting moderate play lately.
    Let the midnight special shine a light on me.

The latest Decemberists, 50 Foot Wave, and Andrew Bird releases on CD, and this wonderful album on vinyl:

Felt - Forever Breathes the Lonely Word
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Pat Metheny Group's The Way Up has been a fixture on my desktop playlist, in my car, and at home since I saw them perform the album in its entirety in concert a few weeks ago. It's a phenomenal work (basically the entire album is one continuous piece), and I pick up something new every time I listen to it.

Stapled is a very apt descrition for the relationship between the Mark Lenegan band's album, Bubblegum and my turntable for this past week. Nothing much else has gotten near the old vinyl spinner. Great album!

On CD....Eels - Electro-Shock Blues, Pinback - Summer in Abondon, Wheat - Per Second, Per Second, Per Second ...Every Second
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Not so much stapled as attached with a binder clip: LCD Soundsystem. I keep taking it out, but it keeps finding its way back in.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Dust!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom
    Just wondering.
    mine are Snow, Stupid dream, Abbey Road, Close to the Edge, Tommy and A passion PLay. i'm barely listening to anything else at the moment.
    cheers!
    Dust, as I upgrade the system vinyl gets better and better. Clearly I have to upgrade the CD player to a good CD/Universal/ DAC combo.

Linn LP-12 (Origin Live Advanced PS w/DC Motor) Benz "ACE" medium output*TAD-150*Tube Audio Design TAD-1000 monoblocs*Parasound CD-P 1000*NAD 4020A Tuner*Velodyne F-1000 Subwoofer*Toshiba SD-4700 DVD*Motorola DTP-5100 HD converter*Pioneer PDP-4300*Martin-Logan Clarity*Audioquest cables and interconnects* Panamax 5100 power conditioner

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Who Killed...The Zutons has been fixed on my player. And Franz Ferdinand. I've been listening to both of those so much that I haven't even listened to the new Mars Volta which I picked up a week ago and haven't spun at all yet.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    Who Killed...The Zutons has been fixed on my player. And Franz Ferdinand. I've been listening to both of those so much that I haven't even listened to the new Mars Volta which I picked up a week ago and haven't spun at all yet.
    What the L R U waiting 4, woman?!?!?

You can only have so much fun, at which point you must proceed to the headbanging.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Kasabian - Processed Beats
    Beck - E Pro (I can't believe I haven't tired of that yet!!!)

old Tribe Called Quest

The Mighty Diamonds - Right Time has been chained to my turntable for the last few months.

And, since I picked it up, my copy of Count Basie Swings and Jow Williams Sings hasn't gotten too far.

Still waiting for something new this year to really take hold, but I've been a bit on the broke side and relying on picking up old used stuff mostly. I did grab the Kills, which I like quite a lot and have listened to often over the last couple weeks.

Oh...and since seeing them live, I've played a ton of Kings of Leon, bith the debut and the follow-up. I still like the debut best, but the follow-up's good too, and got better after hearing the soings live. Those guys really kick it in concert, and I think are a great example of guys who have serious chops but use them in service of the songs rather than for personal glorification. Funny story, a friend of mine tends bar at a bowling alley they were at the night before the gig, and 2 of the band members were under age and had to sit around sipping sodas while the other two got hammered.

OK...I'm really starting to ramble now. I'll quit.

Decemberists, Picaresque
    Magnolia Electric Company, What Comes After The Blues

Both are muy muy bueno............
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

The Decemberists present Picaresque. Just picked it up last night and am giving it its first spin now. So far, so good and will probably stay in heavy rotation 'til it starts penetrating my fragile cranium.

Autolux - Future Perfect doesn't want to leave my changer either, nor do The Lonesome Sea, Blue Screen Life, or Radiator.

Five CDs being the perfect amount of music as far as I'm concerned
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    ......or Radiator.
    Isn't that album just the coolest? The source of one of my favorite avatars How long have you had it? For the longest time it was import only here, but wasn't too expensive. Did it finally get a US reissue? You've turned into a pretty big fan of the Furry guys, huh? Heard anything you don't like? Gonna pick up Picaresque this weekend myself so it should be heavy on my weekend rotation. Wish I had my copy of Radiator with me....

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Isn't that album just the coolest? The source of one of my favorite avatars How long have you had it? For the longest time it was import only here, but wasn't too expensive. Did it finally get a US reissue? You've turned into a pretty big fan of the Furry guys, huh? Heard anything you don't like? Gonna pick up Picaresque this weekend myself so it should be heavy on my weekend rotation. Wish I had my copy of Radiator with me....

I got it about a year ago but had to order it as an import from Amazon even though it's on the Sony label and has "nice price" sticker on the case for nine quid (doesn't sound very nice to me but I guess I'm used to American indie prices). Also got Guerrilla with that order. Haven't been daring enough to pick up the Welsh-sung albums but I did have the new Gruff Rhys CD in my hands last night. Probably shoulda pulled the trigger on that one

If ya don't like SFA you really don't like rock music, do ya?

NP: London Calling
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    Also got Guerrilla with that order.
    Just in case you don't know already, one of the best songs on that one is hidden before the first track. Silly thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    Just in case you don't know already, one of the best songs on that one is hidden before the first track. Silly thing to do.
    Yeah, it's on my hard drive for easy access. I don't know if it can be extracted from a compuker easily. I put it in my CD player and burned it to an R/W with my stand-alone, then ripped that to the HD. I guess it's just as bad as Broken which as blank tracks from 9 to 97 then songs on 98 and 99. Undertow also has an assload of blank tracks from like 10 to 68, then a song at 69 (which is labelled as 10 on the case). Who thinks this kinda shit is clever?

Thread Information