• 04-25-2004, 07:13 AM
    Swish
    The Rave Rec'ers head to the New Orleans Jazz Fest!
    Ok, I guess that may be an exaggeration since there's just me and DLD and our wives going at this point. A bunch of others were planning to go, but a couple of pregnancies, financial issues and whatever forced out all but Swishy and Nasty. Anyway, we're meeting for dinner Wednesday night, the day of our arrival, and we plan to hit the Fest together each day while we're there. Dave's cousin has a recording studion there and he's getting us a tour of the place, so that should be interesting.

Anyway, I sure we'll both have some good reviews to post when we return, along with some excellent pictures, some of which I'll share with the board. I hope we can generate some advance interest in getting a larger group to meet there in the future.

I'll be out of town the next couple days before heading to New Orleans, so I won't be able to respond to anyone's e-mail or posts until I return on May 3rd.

Regards,

Swish
  • 04-25-2004, 09:46 AM
    Davey
    Hope you all have a blast. You and Mr. Nasty both seem like big-hearted, fun-loving guys so there shouldn't be any shortage of good times and tunes to report. Take care!
  • 04-25-2004, 10:02 AM
    Jim Clark
    Sorry to learn that your big hulabaloo didn't quite work out the way you planned. I'm sure that you and DLD can party sufficiently with a few thousand strangers though. Have fun.
    '
    jc
  • 04-25-2004, 05:29 PM
    JDaniel
    Wish we could have made it Paul. With the baby less than 3 months away, travel is getting ready to come to a halt. Sorry to hear Mr. & Mrs. Chip won't be making the trip. We had talked about hooking up on their way over to Nawlins, as we will be at the beach condo very near I-10 as they travel through. We were hoping to hook up for lunch/dinner at least.

Have a great time (like you wouldn't), and post some reviews/pics when you return.

JD
  • 04-26-2004, 08:42 AM
    DarrenH
    Have a fun and safe trip DLD and Swish. I look forward to reading the reviews and seeing some pics.

Darren
  • 04-26-2004, 12:15 PM
    dld
    We made it down here (well almost, stopping iin Baton Rouge for a cupla days) , drove thru 8 hours of rain yesterday. Good news is clear skies and MILD temps forecast for the remainder of the week. Subject to change according to Gulf Of Mexico moisture. Got the Swishe's and the Nastie's a reservatiuon at a mob hangout Wednesday night. Easterner should feel right at home. Wish all you rave wreckers could make it. Santana, Sonny Landreth, Dave Brubeck, the Meters, Marcia Ball and Anders Osbourne lookin real good on Saturday. Next year, lets get a few more down here, and we're thinking of doing Tampa Bay Blues fest as well.
  • 04-26-2004, 12:28 PM
    BarryL
    Next Year...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dld
    Next year, lets get a few more down here, and we're thinking of doing Tampa Bay Blues fest as well.

...How about the California ProgFest. New Orleans is no place for my kids, with all that drunken chanting about showing breasts. My kids shouldn't see their father behaving that way!

Have a great time. Good for you for getting to see Brubeck. He's gotta be running out of years.