Fans of Big Wreck, check out Thornley!!

Big Wreck, along with Dada, is probably the most underrated band in the history of music.

I know they dissapeard, but I had no idea Ian Thornley had a new band called...Thornley! I heard their song on the radio on the way home from work and had to CRANK it. Had no idea who it was, but the singer sure sounded familiar. Before the song was over the voice hit me and I knew it had to be Big Wreck. Guess they broke up and Ian moved on.

Anyway, if you follow Big Wreck check it out
    www.thornleyband.com

And I thought I was the only one.

Thanks for the tip. I've got both their discs, and enjoy them, along with dada.

I'll check out the Thornley bits. I can't believe you actually heard it on the radio.

fp
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Finch Platte; 04-26-2004 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Why can't I view my attachments???

Also wanted to add...if you're never heard Ian Thornley and haven't clicked on that link yet...if you are a fan of Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Audioslave) click that link NOW! In fact, the song they play on the website (same one I heard on the radio) sounds like what Soundgarden may have evolved into. One more reason I was so jacked when I heard it

JSE
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    Also wanted to add...if you're never heard Ian Thornley and haven't clicked on that link yet...if you are a fan of Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Audioslave) click that link NOW! In fact, the song they play on the website (same one I heard on the radio) sounds like what Soundgarden may have evolved into. One more reason I was so jacked when I heard it

When I heard the song, I thought Big Wreck got back together and put out a new album. I later found out it's just the lead singer and his new band. The song they have released sound realyl good, a lot like Big Wreck. Hopefully the album will be a success for them and a good album to boot. I still listen to Big Wreck alot. You are right in that they were a very underated band.

JSE

Thread Information