42 Regular

Radiohead -- In Rainbows

Discuss. Or not.

(Personally, I'm liking it.)
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I'm not a big Radiohead fan at all, I do own a few albums, and like some of their stuff, but I never understood the fascination some have with them.

That said, I do enjoy this album a fair bit - it's a bit simpler, almost more indie-rock like than the last couple of albums, but it works. I'm curious to hear what Radiohead fans think. I almost expect the bulk of them to dislike it for the same reasons I like it.

Wish it was available as a FLAC or a $15 cd though...

I'm not a fan, and I don't see the new one (yes, I've heard it) changing that.

fp

42 Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Wish it was available as a FLAC or a $15 cd though...
    My understanding is they will release it to regular CD format in early 2008. The sound quality of the 160 kps download is actually better than I expected it to be (but I guess that's damning with faint praise, huh?)

There's no one monumentally earth-shattering song on the new one, but every track manages to get under your skin (in a good way). I've only listened a couple of times so far, but I think this one is probably going to end up on my YIR best-of list.

After 4 albums in a row of "oh no, the soul-devouring modern world is crushing me like an insect!" this one feels more intimate, more immediate and more personal to me. Some interesting percussion going on throughout, as well.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Thread Information