Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ForeverAutumn

Thread: R.I.P. Scott Weiland

Suspended

R.I.P. Scott Weiland

You know things are slow when I'm the one posting stuff like this, LOL.

Unfortunately, Rock radio sort of burned me out on STP. I played the two albums I have and it came back to me what a great band they were and talent Scott Weiland was. It also came back to me what a good guitarist STP had. Fall To Pieces by Velvet Revolver is probably my all time favorite Scott sang on.
    Seems no matter how many are lost it doesn't stop the next.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I have kind of a weird story about this, that actually has nothing to do with me. On Sirius XM there is a Canadian comedy channel (168). I listen to it on my commute to and from work (Humble and Fred, the best morning show EVER. I followed them from terrestrial radio to Sirius but that's another story).

Anyhow, last Friday I'm listening to the afternoon drive show, The Todd Shapiro Show, on the drive home. I'm not sure how it came about but they were interviewing Weiland's road manager. He seemed like a nice guy, and it was an interesting interview. As the interview ended the guy promised that he would try to get Weiland to call in before Shapiro's show ended. The whole thing was very improptu. I continued to listen and it didn't seem like Weiland was going to call, and then he did!

He sounded stoned out of his head. He was slurring his words and he was answering questions with one word answers. It was actually a pretty ****ty interview. Todd was trying but Weiland just wasn't giving him anything. At one point Todd says to him, "do you just hate doing radio interviews like this one?". LOL!

Sadly, it turns out that it may have been his last interview. Shapiro played it again on yesterday's show. In hindsight, you really just wanted to ask the guy, Scott are you okay dude?
    Mr Peabody likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I have kind of a weird story about this, that actually has nothing to do with me. On Sirius XM there is a Canadian comedy channel (168). I listen to it on my commute to and from work (Humble and Fred, the best morning show EVER. I followed them from terrestrial radio to Sirius but that's another story).

Anyhow, last Friday I'm listening to the afternoon drive show, The Todd Shapiro Show, on the drive home. I'm not sure how it came about but they were interviewing Weiland's road manager. He seemed like a nice guy, and it was an interesting interview. As the interview ended the guy promised that he would try to get Weiland to call in before Shapiro's show ended. The whole thing was very improptu. I continued to listen and it didn't seem like Weiland was going to call, and then he did!

He sounded stoned out of his head. He was slurring his words and he was answering questions with one word answers. It was actually a pretty ****ty interview. Todd was trying but Weiland just wasn't giving him anything. At one point Todd says to him, "do you just hate doing radio interviews like this one?". LOL!

Sadly, it turns out that it may have been his last interview. Shapiro played it again on yesterday's show. In hindsight, you really just wanted to ask the guy, Scott are you okay dude?
    Wow. Everyone's just like, "Scott's fukced up. Again. Hope he can make the next show. Oh, he's dead? I KNEW that was gonna happen."

Thread Information