Suspended

R.I.P. Ray Manzarek

Ray passes away at 74
    Ray Manzarek Dead -- 'Doors' Founding Member Dies at 74 | TMZ.com

I remember the last time, not long ago, I listened to The Doors, thinking to myself that Ray's talents as a keyboardist may have been over shadowed by Morrison, for some reason I really got into Ray's playing that day.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    Ray passes away at 74
    Ray Manzarek Dead -- 'Doors' Founding Member Dies at 74 | TMZ.com

I remember the last time, not long ago, I listened to The Doors, thinking to myself that Ray's talents as a keyboardist may have been over shadowed by Morrison, for some reason I really got into Ray's playing that day.
    Unique band...............a quintet with a missing bass player..............people are strange, indeed.
    Manzarek was the keyboard guy with the right hand and the bass player with the left hand..............kind of an inverse, early-day version of Geddy Lee............break on through.
    But then we tired of the endless stories of "me and Jim" for four decades................like it was a second career...............love me two times.
    But together they were magnificent and quite the leading vanguard of that new style of music in the late 60s.............like riders on the storm.
    This is the end.................when the music's over.
    old Denon
    older Bose
    new Velodyne sub
    new Sony 1080 LCD & BluRay
    Big, clean sound @ 800 watts

Thread Information