Suspended

Daddy's got Rob Zombie tix

I actually haven't been to a show in some time. My daughter was supposed to help me get Tool tickets but by the time I got her around to it the show was sold out. So as an early Xmas present she got us tickets to Rob Zombie coming here in Dec. It's at a large club. It should be good in a venue that small.

I hoping to get tix to Joe Bonamassa on the 10th.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Good for you Mr. Peabody. I agree that those medium sized clubs and smaller halls can be great venues, especially for rock music. Almost "intimate" if you will, although I've never met anyone with designs on intimacy with Mr. Zombie. Have a good time.

The wife is supposed to be ordering ours sometime today. Should be a good show.

Suspended
    Nobody did you make the show? I was the guy in front row seats wearing a tie dye T-shirt and the wild chick behind him screaming from the time she got there until she left, slamming into us and corgelly spilling beer all over. She must have been a huge Zombie fan.

It was a good show. But I thought the volume was a bit overkill for that venue. My ears rang for a couple days. Maybe it was due to being in front but the venue wasn't that big. One of the things I noticed was the incredible resolution on the giant screens used on stage. Most people's TV don't look that good. He used fire like most bands use lights.

I'm hoping you agree the the volume was loud because I hate to think I'm getting old If you've been there before are most bands at that level?

It was louder than most shows there. I do tend to like things loud, and I was near the back though, so it wasn't a big deal. The show was pretty good, but we had these two guys who kept jumping up and down and hugging each other and all this **** that was constantly keeping my wife from being able to see. And, they were a couple people forward of us, too far in that loud concert to try to say anything to them. Jerks did abound in the audience that night it seemed. Another guy that was toweringly tall was being held up by two of his friends since he was too drunk to stand, creating a three man solid vision blocking wall.

The stage set was pretty cool. I would think that from a good balcony seat it would have been a great view. But, the setup was really kind too big for the venue. We started off on the side and had a great view of the stage, but everything was so tall, we couldn't see most of it since the balcony blocks the side views. They were definitely cramming a show made for a bigger venue into that place.

All in all a bit disappointing since the stage show forced us to a spot centrally in the back and we ended up surrounded by *******s, which colored the experience. I would have been just as content without all the elaborate presentation and the guitar solo bit was just grating. But, some good tunes, so all was not lost.

Did ya see the guy getting arrested right out front just around the time the concert was ending?

Suspended
    We hung out a bit inside hoping the crowd would dissipate some before trying to get out so I missed that excitement of the arrest.

I'm glad you mentioned the guitar solo, I thought it was just me. I've listened to a lot of R&R over many years and that did seem like a weak solo. A cool effect he was using, almost made the guitar sound like a synthesizer at times. Both bands had good drum solos though. I'll have to check out some In This Moment, but either some of the songs sound the same or they kept coming back to that original melody trying to tie the songs together. Their sound was unbalanced so it was hard to tell. I couldn't tell anything about the singer except she can scream her )( off.

Thread Information