Thread: Nearfest 2004

DPM

Nearfest 2004

I'm just curious if anyone here is going to Nearfest this year. Personally, I think I'm going to skip this one. The lineup doesn't do much for me, and I did make the last three. I am glad that it's back in Bethlehem. It's a much nicer environment for the event.

Also, I'm temted to attend one of the Baja Prog festivals. This year was a no go, but next year is a possibility. Especially, since I plan on moving west. Has anyone here gone to Baja Prog?

Dave M

NEARfest

Quote Originally Posted by DPM
    I'm just curious if anyone here is going to Nearfest this year. Personally, I think I'm going to skip this one. The lineup doesn't do much for me, and I did make the last three. I am glad that it's back in Bethlehem. It's a much nicer environment for the event.

Also, I'm temted to attend one of the Baja Prog festivals. This year was a no go, but next year is a possibility. Especially, since I plan on moving west. Has anyone here gone to Baja Prog?

Dave M
    I've been talking about going to Nearfest for the past few years, but it's not going to happen again this year. One of the problems is that my young kids are still in school in June. Too bad they don't move it to July. One of these years.

Someone should do a NorthFest, and hold the same show the following weekend near Toronto! That would work very well for me.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

Hmmmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by BarryL
    Someone should do a NorthFest, and hold the same show the following weekend near Toronto! That would work very well for me.
    How hard would it be to organize one of these festivals? What would the liabilities be?

Forum Regular

gigs

I would LOVE to go to Nearfest or Baja Prog.

Pallas is playing, and Strawbs, and The Musical Box!!!! (@nearfest)

IQ @ Baja Prog.

FA,

Nearfest takes a HUGE amount of work. All of those things do. Full time job.

Dave

Isn't Keneally one of the Nearfest headliners too?

Yeah, I'd go.

No interest in Baja tho. Never have had a good time in Mexico. The place makes me feel like an ugly American.

Oh, what a set up line that is...

Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    Isn't Keneally one of the Nearfest headliners too?

Yeah, I'd go.

No interest in Baja tho. Never have had a good time in Mexico. The place makes me feel like an ugly American.
    Do you mean ideologically or anatomically?

DPM

Nearfest may be in July this year.

[QUOTE=BarryL]I've been talking about going to Nearfest for the past few years, but it's not going to happen again this year. One of the problems is that my young kids are still in school in June. Too bad they don't move it to July. One of these years.

Someone should do a NorthFest, and hold the same show the following weekend near Toronto! That would work very well for me.[/QUOTE

Hi BarryL,

Go to Nearfest.com. I think that it's being held in early July this year. Tickets go on sale on March 20th.

Dave M

Dave M

[QUOTE=DPM]
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryL
    I've been talking about going to Nearfest for the past few years, but it's not going to happen again this year. One of the problems is that my young kids are still in school in June. Too bad they don't move it to July. One of these years.

Someone should do a NorthFest, and hold the same show the following weekend near Toronto! That would work very well for me.[/QUOTE

Hi BarryL,

Go to Nearfest.com. I think that it's being held in early July this year. Tickets go on sale on March 20th.

Dave M
    Dave: I need you to confirm your address for me, 'cause I want to send some stuff out soon. I have two, one on Orchard Ave and the other on Kenyon Ct. Let me know. If you want you can e-mail me at linetsky(at)istar.ca.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    I would like to go to Coachella this year.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Thread Information