Tebow wins the Heisman? Florida # 12? Ha!

Yeah, watching some bowl games and laughing at how Michigan, a team I hate, pushed the Gators all over the field. If not for some stupid turnovers in the red zone, the score would have been much worse, and this was an unranked UM team that had no way of winning according to the experts. That's why the game is settled on the field. And Chad Henne totally out-classed Tebow.

Ready to see some more college football!

Swish - tired of FL teams being overrated.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    Yeah, watching some bowl games and laughing at how Michigan, a team I hate, pushed the Gators all over the field. If not for some stupid turnovers in the red zone, the score would have been much worse, and this was an unranked UM team that had no way of winning according to the experts. That's why the game is settled on the field. And Chad Henne totally out-classed Tebow.

Ready to see some more college football!

Swish - tired of FL teams being overrated.
    Well I am a long suffering UM fan who is used to watching us flame out in bowl games.
    We normally do better as an underdog than a favorite. Perhaps the new coach coming in can turn that history around.

I'm a huge fan of Michigan, and was very happy with the outcome..... I'm still in shock by Hart coughing up TWO fumbles....... both at the goal-line, bringing his career total of fumbles to a whopping THREE. It's nice to get a win over the SEC! Illinois is struggling right now....

Happy New Years all.

Well, I actually hate Michigan, but I was hoping they...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny p
    I'm a huge fan of Michigan, and was very happy with the outcome..... I'm still in shock by Hart coughing up TWO fumbles....... both at the goal-line, bringing his career total of fumbles to a whopping THREE. It's nice to get a win over the SEC! Illinois is struggling right now....

Happy New Years all.
    ...would win anyway because I hate FL more and thought they were overrated, playing in a weak conference (can't wait for all the Southern boys to come at me! Ha!).

In all seriousness, the BCS and the current bowl system is such a joke that ALL national championships are mythical. Until there is a true playoff, there will always be a question mark. At least they wait until after the bowl games to pick the champion, which they didn't do a number of years ago.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

Forum Regular
    Diehard Michigan fan here, was awesome to see the seniors and Lloyd go out on a winning note. Wish we could have put up points like that during the regular season. The game really should have been a blow out, 4 turnovers kept it close though.

Michigan hockey #1 in the nation!!

42 Regular
    Can I get some lovin' for my Georgia Bulldogs? Sure, I'm willing to admit that Hawaii wasn't really the toughest opponent they'd faced all year. But still...they looked awfully tough. And they'll be a very serious contender for the crown next year, no doubt.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Forum Regular
    I was glad they put a whoopin on that highly overrated Hawaii team!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MidFi
    Can I get some lovin' for my Georgia Bulldogs? Sure, I'm willing to admit that Hawaii wasn't really the toughest opponent they'd faced all year. But still...they looked awfully tough. And they'll be a very serious contender for the crown next year, no doubt.

It put a stop to the nonsense about Hawaii being...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MidFi
    ...screwed for not getting a shot at the title. Give me a break.

Swish

I'll have to admit the SEC isn't as tough as it was in the past, but its still very tough and hard to run the table in that conference. It does seem that all the teams in California, Florida and The Big Ten get a free ride when it comes to ranking. Ohio State and Michigan are perennial top 5 teams when the pre-season polls come out, and that rarely works to Michigan's favor. The media certainly has its favorites. You wait...if Notre Dame wins its first two or three games next year they'll be in the top 10. Same with Miami and Florida State.

I wished they'd just abolish the BCS because unless there's a playoff system, there's no way of ever having a valid champion. Before the BCS, games like Georgia/Hawaii or Oklahoma/WVU or USC/Illinois had meaning because of the potential influence on votes.

On the other hand, Georgia is getting too much credit for beating Hawaii, Illinois went to the Rosebowl by default, and if we're going to belly-ache over whether or not Illinois or Hawaii deserved to be in the BCS, lets consider Oklahoma, who has lost 5 of their last 6 BCS games. Do they deserve to play in a BCS game if all they do is choke?

Yeah, and Pete Carrol is still crying in his cereal...

Quote Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    I'll have to admit the SEC isn't as tough as it was in the past, but its still very tough and hard to run the table in that conference. It does seem that all the teams in California, Florida and The Big Ten get a free ride when it comes to ranking. Ohio State and Michigan are perennial top 5 teams when the pre-season polls come out, and that rarely works to Michigan's favor. The media certainly has its favorites. You wait...if Notre Dame wins its first two or three games next year they'll be in the top 10. Same with Miami and Florida State.

I wished they'd just abolish the BCS because unless there's a playoff system, there's no way of ever having a valid champion. Before the BCS, games like Georgia/Hawaii or Oklahoma/WVU or USC/Illinois had meaning because of the potential influence on votes.

On the other hand, Georgia is getting too much credit for beating Hawaii, Illinois went to the Rosebowl by default, and if we're going to belly-ache over whether or not Illinois or Hawaii deserved to be in the BCS, lets consider Oklahoma, who has lost 5 of their last 6 BCS games. Do they deserve to play in a BCS game if all they do is choke?
    ...about how they would 'still be playing if they could' and so on. Give me a break. You beat 5 teams with winning records this year, and the best of them was ASU that finished 9-3. Then you lose to Stanford, a 41 point underdog? To me, that automatically eliminates you from consideration. Now go the fock away.

Yes, the BCS is flawed and needs to go away too. The arguments against a playoff don't hold water (the kids need vacation time and would miss their studies..yada, yada, yada). So I guess all the other sports and football divisions don't matter? It's a load of crap. It would be bigger than March Madness, and probably bigger than the Super Bowl. You require every team to join a conference (I'm talking to you Notre Dame) and all conference champions are automatically in the playoff, with possibly a wild card or two. That's it. Can you imagine how that would go over? It would be spectacular, but I doubt I'll see it in my lifetime.

Swish

[quote=Swish The arguments against a playoff don't hold water (the kids need vacation time and would miss their studies..yada, yada, yada). [/quote]

Well, now that you brought it up...I think they'll need to scale the season back. They added a game to the season a few years ago and many teams had gone to a split conference format in order to have their own little championship game. That does make for too long a season. Some teams play up to 13 games a year, not including a bowl game. They should do away with split conferences, all eligible teams must play the same amount of games, all conferences should be the same number of teams, etc etc. But you're right, too much tradition fvcking everything up. It won't happen in this decade.

Myself, I think the top 12 teams should make the playoffs with the top 4 getting a first round bye. But by all means, start the playoffs in December and not in January.

Thread Information