• 2 Post By Finch Platte
  • 2 Post By noddin0ff
  • 1 Post By 3LB
  • 1 Post By Finch Platte

Thread: Past Due

Forum Regular

Past Due

Dear RR Colleagues :

For a number of reasons, this site has run it's course and is so dead.

I can remember when it was very lively and most (but not all)of the participants had helpful, enthusiastic, quality advice regarding good music and good audio production.
    Many thanks to ForeverAutumn, Troy, Dave G., BarryL, Demetrio, HYFI, and any others from the glory days of "comp-trading" that I may have missed (as I write this, I am enjoying one of the many CDs received from Troy).
    The only good thing about saying goodbye is I will no longer be reading the drivel of ***** Platte; my apologies in advance to anyone that suffers through the anticipated sophomoric reply, as I won't be back to read it.

Adios, RR..........
    old Denon
    older Bose
    new Velodyne sub
    new Sony 1080 LCD & BluRay
    Big, clean sound @ 800 watts

Well "adios" if that's what it is, MC. I'm hanging around but I understand your perspective.

Suspended
    I peek in daily but hang out over at AudioShark and AudioKarma, where there are more than ZERO posts in any given 24 hour period.

By the way, Finch is OK in my book and we still trade music several times a year.

Forum Regular Jack in Wilmington's Avatar
    I too stop in a couple times a day. I spend more time at AudioAficionado and ProgressiveEars on a daily basis.
    2 Channel System
    Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II
    Pass Labs X150.5 (Amp)
    Cary SLP-03 (Preamp)
    Music Hall MMF 5.1 (TT)
    Goldring 1012GX (Cart.)
    Pro-ject SE II (Phono Box)
    Rotel RCD-1072 (CD Player)
    Bryston BDA-1 ( DAC )
    Sennheiser HD-600 (Headphones)
    Musical Fidelity Xcan V3 (Headphone Amp) _

HT System
    Usher X-719 (Mains)
    Usher X-616 (Center)
    Usher S-520 (Surrounds)
    Rel T2 (Subwoofer)
    Anthem MCA20 (Amp)
    Yamaha RX-A830 (Receiver)
    Panasonic TH-46PZ85U (Plasma TV)
    Denon DBT-1713UD (BluRay/SACD)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCylinder View Post
    Dear RR Colleagues :

I can remember when it was very lively and most (but not all)of the participants had helpful, enthusiastic, quality advice regarding good music and good audio production.
    Many thanks to ForeverAutumn, Troy, Dave G., BarryL, Demetrio, HYFI, and any others from the glory days of "comp-trading" that I may have missed (as I write this, I am enjoying one of the many CDs received from Troy).
    The only good thing about saying goodbye is I will no longer be reading the drivel of ***** Platte; my apologies in advance to anyone that suffers through the anticipated sophomoric reply, as I won't be back to read it.

Adios, RR..........
    Finchy contributed more to this site than most others, including you. People like him were the reason I kept coming back for years. Yeah, you say you won't be back to read this, so I guess this is falling on deaf ears, but I'm hoping others will see this.
    noddin0ff likes this.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

You know, there are 50 threads on this page, and I have a response (or started the thread) in 44 of those threads. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not perfect. Some answers or comments may be insouciant, immature, silly, stupid, sometimes all of the above, but at least I tried to keep this forum rolling. Maybe my sense of humor isn't to your liking, MC, and I apologize for that, but hell, if sometimes I didn't take part in a thread, it would have sunk to the bottom of the page with 225 views and not one response!

Yeah, I know you're not coming back because of me, and maybe you're not the first to think I peed in the RR pool. Oh, well, there are plenty of other forums out there. I wish you luck finding the ones I don't participate in.

And thanks to Hyfi and Swish for the kind comments.
    Swish and noddin0ff like this.

Big science. Hallelujah. noddin0ff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCylinder View Post
    Dear RR Colleagues :

Wow. Could be that the overly sensitive ran this forum into the ground. That said, I'll miss the positive contributions you made. This type of take a pot-shot-and-hide posting, I won't miss.
    Last edited by noddin0ff; 04-14-2015 at 05:13 AM.
    Swish and Finch Platte like this.
    TCA ATT GGA

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Wow, kind of a disappointing and at the same time, puzzling post MC. I get the sentiment of moving on to other music forums as I rarely chime in on anything here. I can't say I've observed any posts from Finch that would get under anyone's skin. But I do get the disappointment of maybe wanting a serious discussion or response and being perturbed at someone chiming in with a 'jokey' one, something I was just as guilty of doing when the original subject of a post didn't really apeal to me but I thought a 'jokey' response was better than nothing. Sometimes its just best to move along.

PS. While I generally like most of the posts on this message board, I dislike the 'like' button feature and therefor don't use it. Rep points and and post counts are for middle school girls.
    Finch Platte likes this.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LB View Post
    Wow, kind of a disappointing and at the same time, puzzling post MC. I get the sentiment of moving on to other music forums as I rarely chime in on anything here. I can't say I've observed any posts from Finch that would get under anyone's skin. But I do get the disappointment of maybe wanting a serious discussion or response and being perturbed at someone chiming in with a 'jokey' one, something I was just as guilty of doing when the original subject of a post didn't really apeal to me but I thought a 'jokey' response was better than nothing. Sometimes its just best to move along.

PS. While I generally like most of the posts on this message board, I dislike the 'like' button feature and therefor don't use it. Rep points and and post counts are for middle school girls.
    I 'liked' your post. You'll find as you walk around, you'll have a little glow of 'somebody liked my post' burning in your belly. The sun will be warmer, the birds will chirp louder, pizza will taste better, the sex will be, err, sexier. 'Cause, darn it, someone 'liked' your post.

I never 'liked' any of MC's posts. Maybe that was the problem.
    noddin0ff likes this.

Thread Information