Rae

LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening

I haven't bought a new record for a while, but I might buy this one. I just listened to the first couple of tracks online and it's pretty rockin'. Anyone have it already? How's the replay value?

~Rae

Rockin'? I find them a bit too...I don't know....

Quote Originally Posted by Rae
    I haven't bought a new record for a while, but I might buy this one. I just listened to the first couple of tracks online and it's pretty rockin'. Anyone have it already? How's the replay value?

~Rae
    ...electronica/dance/club or whatever. I know I don't venture too far off the beaten path musically, but I just can't stay interested in them. This coming from a guy who bought the last Dirty Projectors. Go figure.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/;kw=[13193,154038]

Prepare to "Dance Yrself Clean": LCD Soundsystem's anticipated third album This Is Happening arrives in stores today, just in time to soundtrack your summer dance parties. On the new LP, disco-punk mastermind James Murphy wears his Berlin Trilogy-era Bowie/Eno influences on his sleeve with a collection of nine supersized songs that make his midlife crisis danceable. "The long songs reveal Murphy's bottom-line agenda: He's still a dance guy at heart, and he knows it's his job to ignite parties and clubs," Jody Rosen writes in his four-star review. "But he approaches dance music more like a folkie singer-songwriter than a DJ, as a vehicle for storytelling and confession." Standouts include the frat-rock first single "Drunk Girls," the lovelorn "I Can Change" and the "Heroes"-inspired centerpiece, "All I Want."

I bought it, I dig it. I grabbed it on autopilot based on the strength of two tracks from the previous album. "Someone Great" and "All my Friends" were 2 of the best songs to come out of 2007 and they are back to back on The Sound Of Silver.

This is happening unfortunately probably lacks 2 of the stand out tracks of the year but overall I think it's actually a stronger overall record, just not as compelling without the killer tracks. Kinda weird, maybe you know what I'm trying to say.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    either of you two (Rae, JC) ever hear the last Pure Reason Revolution CD?

I might check LCD out. I heard parts of it a couple of weeks ago.

I picked up the latest Gorillaz and its pretty good, though it lacks a killer track like Feel Good Inc.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Thread Information