Song of the Wednesday ...

Or was that supposed to be FSotD (Friday Song of the Day)? Or was it FA's song of the day? Too many acronyms. Well, regardless, it's been quite a while since the last Song of the [whatever the f@#$] Day thread, so here goes.

This one has been rattling around at my place for about the last week or so since the label shipped a bit early, but just hit the retail market yesterday. Nothing radical, nothing that you probably haven't heard before, maybe better even, but I do really like these guys and their style of that swirly pop shoegazin' rock. Last time they let a bit of Eno get in the mix, this time you'll probably notice a bit of Depeche Mode, especially on this song. Fun record. Sorry if the connection is a bit slow, or if the thread doesn't pay off ... can't all be classics ...

Davey's quaint little song of the Wednesday

I'll see your song and raise you another gem.

I love this woman's voice and delivery. Enjoy, courtesy of the WFMU 365 blog, where I have spent the last 2 weeks going thru every single track there and ripping and editing my favorites. I've pulled hundreds of items from there.

Cupcakes

Quote Originally Posted by Troy
    I'll see your song and raise you another gem.
    He likes to nibble on my cupcakes? Hehehe, reminds me of the old Dr Demento show. Fun stuff.

"She's back again with a wild sexorama of thrills, laughs and tingling excitement dished out in torrid helpings."

So, we're keeping the artist names secret, huh...here's on older one not too many folks have...by another mystery artist...

Electrify Me

OK, had to come back and give props to the Cupcakes song. That brightened my day.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    So, we're keeping the artist names secret, huh?
    Me thinks it was Voyager One. Not really a spoiler 'cause I'm just guessing.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Okay, I'm ready to play too. Sometimes you find interesting, quirky music in the damnedest places. Case in point: these three songs.

NP: first spin for the new Notwist album, The Devil, You + Me
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Yeah, Voyager One. I got it up on deck.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    Yeah, Voyager One. I got it up on deck.
    That Notwist album cover is kinda freaky, hadn't seen it before. Think I like it. Some good stuff on that Voyager One. Love the closer, they always have a good closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey
    That Notwist album cover is kinda freaky, hadn't seen it before.
    AFAIK the cover art hasn't been leaked yet, to go along with the music. I just grabbed that image off The Notwist's web site.

Thread Information