OT: Saddam Hussein Captured!

My wife woke me up early this morning to tell me the great news - Saddam Hussein has been captured alive in Iraq. Fox News had footage of him. He's been living in a hole under a farm house.

I have a nephew who is leaving on his 3rd tour of duty over there, and a niece who is awaiting deployment plans. Here's a toast to all service men & women, past & present - may we never forget your service to our country.

JD

What fantastic news! Bin Laden is next!

It's about time they caught that murdering thug. I hope his capture will help stop the terrorist attacks on our troops over there, but who the hell knows.

Thanks for the info, JD. I just turned on the TV to Fox News to see what's happening at this point.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Global Village Idiot mad rhetorik's Avatar

Arrow I'm glad they nabbed the bastard.

I for one am glad Saddam is in our hands. But I won't start cheering until we can get our men the hell out of that country (once it is a stable democracy, of course).
    "...and then at the end of the letter I like to write <i>'P.S. - this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.'</i> "

<b>_R.I.P. Mitch Hedburg 1968-2005_</b>

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    I rejoice! May he get what he deserves (alright, well, that would be considered cruel and unusual punishment).

Congrats especially to the men and women over there. If I understood Bush correctly, finding his footprints contributed to his capture. OMG! Finding footprints in a country as big as Iraq is quite a feat! (ahem) Pun not intended but acknowledged.

I usually hate holiday tunes, but today they sound particularly happy. I feel like those people in the Dunkin Donuts commercial.

Here comes Santa Claus
    Here comes Santa Claus
    Right down Santa Claus lane...
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Forum Regular
    Some douchebag lawer will get him off, I bet.

They should have killed the slob right then and there.

They need to get Osama next, I think he's more of a threat.

Dave

Saddam Hussein

This was the best Christmas gift that I could have ever wished for...my husband's getting off pretty easy this year. :-). My boy will be deployed there on June 15th, if not before (they have told them to be prepared to go on a moment's notice). Let's pray that by that time, we'll simply be assisting in the instillation of a democratic society for the Iraqi people.

I'm gonna hug him tightly when I see him on Saturday. And, it truly is the best gift that I could have ever received this Christmas.

Ag

Thread Information