Suspended

Orianthi....again

Gotta love this girl from Australia. I just recently got her Solo Debut disk named Violet Journey from 2005. Lots of shredding on this one in between her poppy vocals. She composed all the material, contributing guitar, vocals and drums on most cuts. She produced and mixed the final product at her home studio. Quite the talented young lady.

The opening track from Violet Journey, Lights of Manos, came up on my Pandora Quick Mix which prompted me to get this disk. Before I checked out the playlist, I thought it was Buckethead since it sounds very similar to his work on Colma and Population Overdrive.

Check out some of these vids

Suspended

Suspended

She is pretty fun to listen and watch. Your video doesn't embed so had to go to the youtube site, and while there made the mistake of also listening to her performance on American Idol. My advice: don't do it.

Suspended
    from all the vids out there I hesitated to listen to that one but eventually did. You are right, not her best effort. The vids with Santana (NAAM) and the PRS shows are killer.

By the way, the second 2 worked but not the first. No idea why as it kept changing the pointer after saving.

Wow, she's rubbed elbows with a lot of well-known musicians! She's obviously an extremely talented musician, but does she sing?

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny View Post
    Wow, she's rubbed elbows with a lot of well-known musicians! She's obviously an extremely talented musician, but does she sing?
    Yes and that is the biggest problem. Her mainstream albums are a bit poppy so I am betting you may like them. Myself, I prefer the shredding and music over the vocals.

Orianthi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thread Information