Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar

The Ongoing History of New Music

The Ongoing History of New Music is a radio show that we Canadians have been enjoying for years. Recently, CFNY, the station that it originated on has put the shows archives and new episodes on-line.

Hubby and I recently listened to one about the history of the Synthesizer which was quite fascinating (the Kraftwork thread reminded me of this as Autobahn was mentioned as one of the first mainstream synth songs). I love listening to the archive show on Sunday mornings, when I have time.

These shows are extremely well researched and presented. The link is here. Take a peek and enjoy.

Ongoing History of New Music

Be warned, it is a slow loading site.

This looks really cool. How long is each broadcast?
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    This looks really cool. How long is each broadcast?
    I think they range in length. Every day they broadcast a one minute show. I believe that the full length shows are either one or two hours. For longer shows they break it down into segments and broadcast them over several weeks.

I'm just listening to an episode on selling out. It appears to be broken down into 15 minute segments so the download process isn't too painful. I was hoping to download this to my iPod, but it appears to stream from it's own site. If anyone can tell me whether I can download this onto my iPod and how to do it, I'll be eternally grateful!
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 08-02-2006 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I haven't tried to download one yet, so I don't know how long the download will take or in what format it loads. I should try it and see if I can get the shows on my iPod. Now that would be cool!
    That's why I'm asking. If it's longer than 5 minutes (which I assume it is), I won't listen to it on the computer. I was hoping I could download it and either put it on the iPod or burn it to a CD. I think it's meant to stream on their player, but I tried downloading one anyway. It's in the CFM format, which means nothing to me or my various players on my computer. Let me know if you have any luck with it.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Thread Information