Suspended

This one went under the radar of Wal-Mart exclusives

When Journey came through town this past summer I heard they had a new album out, I went to Amazon who showed it but no info on purchase. I didn't think nothing about it thinking maybe it wasn't released yet and it slipped my mind until today when I saw it on WM's website and showing as an exclusive. The album is called Revolution and contains 3 discs, one a CD of new music with new singer, one CD of old Journey songs sung by new singer and a DVD of old Journey songs being sung by new singer in concert, deep breath. For some reason I couldn't get the samples to work. Any one hear any of this new material? All of that package for under $12.00 seems like a good deal but since no one has even played a song off the album I hesitate. I have almost every Journey album with Steve Perry I don't need those songs again with a stand in, even though he is supposed to be good. The website has a reviewer rating of over 4 out of 5 stars, but that could be all WM employees too.

I just thought it odd that all of the WM exclusives I seem to hear about, even REO Speedwagon whose album didn't do much but this Journey album just came in unnoticed. I was supposed to see them with Heart and Cheap Trick this summer but waited too long for lawn tickets and thought $85.00 to see three older bands was a bit much for reserve seats.

I have the Journey CD from Walmart...I listened to it once. You got anything you want to unload?

Suspended
    Does have the 3 discs? I have a couple I was planning to sell.

Joe Cocker, Live (good song list, terrible sound quality)
    Traffic, Mr. Fantasy
    Within Temptation, (terrible sound quality, I can't remember the name)
    Stan Getz, a best of
    Stratovarius, not sure what title

Does the new stuff suck?

Its the three disc set, and the new stuff is fairly typical of their '80s output. Yes the Pineda dude can sing, and he's a dead ringer for Perry. The "best of" disc is rather redundant since they don't put any new twist on the old stuff; I guess they just wanted to show off the new guy.

Suspended
    Did you see any of my fantastic titles you would trade for? I'd consider 2 for 1, probably better than i'd get trading them in at a store.

Thread Information