Rae

Is there a RR Chicago/Evanston contingent?

I think I might be on my friend Phil's radio show on WNUR on Saturday night if anyone's in the area. I'm driving down with some friends that are going to the STNNNG/Pissed Jeans show. 11pm-1am? I think?

~Rae

No, but if you were anywhere near decent, you would...

Quote Originally Posted by Rae
    I think I might be on my friend Phil's radio show on WNUR on Saturday night if anyone's in the area. I'm driving down with some friends that are going to the STNNNG/Pissed Jeans show. 11pm-1am? I think?

~Rae
    ...ask them to record your bit and burn us all a copy and send them out so we can laugh at your inane comments.

So how have you been Rae?

Swish Grandaddy
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

42 Regular
    Went to school in Evanston, and lived there for several years afterward. Even got married there, at NU's chapel. But, alas, we've moved so far out in the sticks now that WNUR isn't even a hiss on my FM band.

Good to see you, Rae. More to point, good to see our old mascot babe in your avatar.
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Forum Regular

ETHS was rock and roll high school!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MidFi
    Went to school in Evanston, and lived there for several years afterward. Even got married there, at NU's chapel. But, alas, we've moved so far out in the sticks now that WNUR isn't even a hiss on my FM band.

Good to see you, Rae. More to point, good to see our old mascot babe in your avatar.

Mr. MidFi, you did not go to ETHS? I hazard to ask what class. NU was my old stomping ground as a scoundrel teenager.

Will be visiting family in Wilmette this July, know of any good musical happenings in early July?

thereyet

42 Regular
    No, man...I came here from Atlanta to go to grad school at NU. Ended up staying in the area for a couple decades and change so far. We live way out west in Batavia now...home to the world's second-largest particle accelerator / atom-smasher.

Wilmette's a pretty town. July's a little far out on my calendar right now, but I know REM's coming in June.

Remind me when July comes; maybe we can have a beer or four!
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Forum Regular

Talking

Wilmette's a pretty town. July's a little far out on my calendar right now, but I know REM's coming in June.

Remind me when July comes; maybe we can have a beer or four![/QUOTE]

A particle smasher huh? That says alot! LOL

My beer or four days are long past me but I wouldn't object to watching you drink a beer or four.

Do you ever do Chicago Symphony Orchestra? Ravinia is always a fine thing to do.

I'll let you know when we plan on visiting later. Always could do the Chicago blues thing.

Smash on! :3

thereyet

Rae
    This happened. I played Libido Boyz, we got drunk in the studio. Someone called when we played Bauhaus' "Bela Lugosi's Dead" to ask if we were playing it at the wrong speed.

~Rae

Thread Information