New band...sounds like Floyd & Zeppelin???

I was listening to the radio on my ride home last night, & the DJ introduces a new band which he describes as a mix between Zep & Floyd. I roll my eyes, but alas they actually did sound like that! The song was pretty good; some harmonica at the beginning behind a rhythmic beat, vocals came in later. Stupid me can't remember the band name . I know the DJ said it was a 2005 release because it was one of his top 5 albums for the year.
    This ring a bell with anyone? I'm thinking he said the band was named "In a something" like "Inagodda Davida" except shorter. Sorry, not much to go by but I thought I'd give it a shot here.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by newtrix1
    I was listening to the radio on my ride home last night, & the DJ introduces a new band which he describes as a mix between Zep & Floyd. I roll my eyes, but alas they actually did sound like that! The song was pretty good; some harmonica at the beginning behind a rhythmic beat, vocals came in later. Stupid me can't remember the band name . I know the DJ said it was a 2005 release because it was one of his top 5 albums for the year.
    This ring a bell with anyone? I'm thinking he said the band was named "In a something" like "Inagodda Davida" except shorter. Sorry, not much to go by but I thought I'd give it a shot here.
    I haven't heard the new Coheed and Cambria yet, but they could fit that description. And they've been getting some radio play here, but I don't know what song is getting played.

Forum Regular

could it be

Imogen Heap?

Porcupine Tree!

No, I haven't heard the latest Deadwing and don't know if there's a harmonica or if it's even getting any airplay. That Coheed and Cambria is a big MTV type band so could be that. Mars Volta? Can't recall harmonica? Got nothing, but just wanted to say "Hi Tricky!"

Looked her(?) up

Quote Originally Posted by Duds
    Imogen Heap?
    Doesn't seem like the description fits, although the name does. Thanks

Forum Regular
    Yeah i was just going by the name. i think i was closer than Coheed and Cambria though....j/k FA

Doesn't seem like the description fits, although the name does. Thanks

no, it wasn't Porcupine Tree, (this band didn't suck)

Ha! Just kidding, trying to stir it up a bit here on a quiet Friday . I have a copy of Deadwing, pretty sure it wasn't from that.
    "Hi" backatcha.

Try checking the radio station's web site.

Mars Volta does fit the Zep part of the equation, but I think it's a stretch for the Floyd part.

no

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I haven't heard the new Coheed and Cambria yet, but they could fit that description. And they've been getting some radio play here, but I don't know what song is getting played.
    I think I would have recognized that name. This band was one I'd never heard before. I searched the radio stations website (WXPN.org) but came up empty. Maybe I'll try a forum or e-mail someone from the station.

will do, see reply to FA, thanks!

Forum Regular

They have the playlists by day

You didnt see it listed?

QUOTE=newtrix1]I think I would have recognized that name. This band was one I'd never heard before. I searched the radio stations website (WXPN.org) but came up empty. Maybe I'll try a forum or e-mail someone from the station.[/QUOTE]

Innaway - Threathawk - Innaway!!!!!

You didnt see it listed?

QUOTE=newtrix1]I think I would have recognized that name. This band was one I'd never heard before. I searched the radio stations website (WXPN.org) but came up empty. Maybe I'll try a forum or e-mail someone from the station.
    You're a genius! found it right away! Guess I'll have to pick it up now and give a review.

Thanks!

http://www.prefixmag.com/reviews/cds...y/Innaway/1697

Forum Regular

Glad you found it

If i was a genius though I would have seen Innaway while I was looking, LOL!!!

What kind of station is that anyway? Surprised that they are getting airplay on any station.

You're a genius! found it right away! Guess I'll have to pick it up now and give a review.

Thanks!

http://www.prefixmag.com/reviews/cds...y/Innaway/1697

Hey, good detective work guys! Sounds like kind of a cool mix there with the Tortoise connection

Have you heard any of that Black Mountain disc some of us have been talking up this year? Has kind of a Zep meets Stones psychedelic feel, with some stoner rock in the mix, although vocals more like a bluesier Neil Young. And there's a girl singer too. Pretty cool mix. Kinda dark and with some nice anti-war sentiment running through it. Also nice and uncompressed production and mastering, which gives it a vintage feel.

The Living Things also have a recent one with a lot of that same sound, except a bit more aggressive. Nice Steve Albini recording, although kind of wasted as they pumped it up pretty hot for the CD master with a lot of compression.

http://members.mailaka.net/davey/rev...d_of_the_Lions

WXPN is a college station out of Philadelphia

What kind of station is that anyway? Surprised that they are getting airplay on any station.
    I listen to them because they play a good amount of new music and they are commercial free. Lots of artist interviews and special programs too. Radio the way music fans would like it to be.

Thread Information