Please recommend your favorite Yes DVD

Believe it or else, I just bought a DVD player the other day...actually, I've owned three player before, each one crapping out over a period of time. The last one I've owned was three years ago. While my step-son lived with us, we just used his PS2, and that was sparingly. But I just spent the last few days looking at some concert DVDs (geezers like Little Feat in StLouis) and now I got the bug to see a Yes DVD (man, have I been obcessing these guys lately or what?).

I see there are quite a few available lately, but which one to buy? I'm not much of a videophile, nor am I much of a collector of videos/films. (throw in your pick for King Crimson while your at it)

TIA,

3LB

A new one comes out every year! I have about eight of them, but I've only ever watched any one of them once. And one of them won't play anymore! I think it's The House of Yes. Anyway, that's the one I would recommend. I recall that it was pretty good. Igor Khoroshev was on keyboards, and Billy Sherwood was still in the band. The first was a postive, the second a negative. It features their runthrough of the classic yes songs.

If there was a recent one featuring Rick Wakeman, then I would suggest that also. The 35 Years DVD is not concert video but a documentary, so don't go for that one. Symphonic Yes comes with a live CD, so you may want to pick this up for the value added. I have the DVD, but no recollection of the quality. I do think that they toured with a keyboard player.

How assinine is this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryL
    The 35 Years DVD is not concert video but a documentary, so don't go for that one. Symphonic Yes comes with a live CD, so you may want to pick this up for the value added.

Look at this. If you write DVD or CD the dodos insert advertisements. I bet theres a polyester suit out there right now trying to sell Gibson a link everytime someone types Guitar.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryL
    Look at this. If you write DVD or CD the dodos insert advertisements. I bet theres a polyester suit out there right now trying to sell Gibson a link everytime someone types Guitar.
    Are you just noticing this? Man, you better get those coke bottles checked or start paying more attention around here.

Forum Regular

my fave is,,,,,

Without question yessymphonic there are outstandig rendition of gates of delirium, and you and i and ritual an amazing concert IMHO.
    Next house of blues.
    Then Keys to ascension ( Wakeman is in)
    For history purposes yessongs filmed back in 1972 ( but still no bruford on it)

Forum Regular
    What Javier said. Yessymphonic by far. The band is spot on and the setlist is better than their current 35th anniversary tour.

The DTS soundtrack on Symphonic Live is amazing. Great DVD.

But Jon Anderson just seems to be one strange guy. He can't address the crowd without waving his arms around and he seems like he's scared to talk to them! It seems like this is his first time in front of a live crowd, but I got a $20 that says this is in fact NOT his first time performing in front of a live crowd.

It's just weird to watch him...there's one song (Don't Go maybe? Not sure..) but he introduces the song and he's like...."Don't Go.....Don't Go......okay......here it is.....ummm.....okay." Like he's not sure if the band and orchestra is still on stage or not. It's kinda funny

I think House of Yes is really good.

For King Crimson you have to get "Eyes Wide open'. It's top quality and the band smokes.

Thread Information