Simon Apple - River To The Sea

I haven't listened to this great album in a while. Very pop oriented with progressive sensibilities.

This was their second album. Sometimes the band sounds like Ambrosia, sometimes like Kevin Gilbert, sometimes Jackson Browne. I discovered this band after listening to their version of Kevin Gilbert's A Long Day's Life which I downloaded from the Kevin Gilbert site.

The album has incredible playing, arrangements and production. I don't know who these guys are, but they're top-notch players all.

Weight of the World is my favorite on this CD, followed by the gloriously musically uplifting and infectious A Lot of Hope.

If you're looking for a great pop album, this is really worth checking out.

You had me right up to 'progressive sensibilities'.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryL
    I haven't listened to this great album in a while. Very pop oriented with progressive sensibilities.

This was their second album. Sometimes the band sounds like Ambrosia, sometimes like Kevin Gilbert, sometimes Jackson Browne. I discovered this band after listening to their version of Kevin Gilbert's A Long Day's Life which I downloaded from the Kevin Gilbert site.

The album has incredible playing, arrangements and production. I don't know who these guys are, but they're top-notch players all.

Weight of the World is my favorite on this CD, followed by the gloriously musically uplifting and infectious A Lot of Hope.

If you're looking for a great pop album, this is really worth checking out.
    Actually, your description sounds pretty appealing. I'll have to check them out when I have a few. No, not a few beers, I meant minutes Barry. Minutes, not beer.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Simon Apple

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    Actually, your description sounds pretty appealing. I'll have to check them out when I have a few. No, not a few beers, I meant minutes Barry. Minutes, not beer.
    The band is a three piece: Dan Merrill, Jeff Miller, and Buzz Saylor.

But they had some help:

John Helliwell (Supertramp), sax on one song
    Tony Levin (King Crimson, Yes, Peter Gabriel), bass on two songs
    Steve Rodby (Pat Metheny Group) bass on one song
    Buck Dharma (Blue Oyster Cult), lead guitar on one song

Thread Information