Anyone watch that INXS reality show?

Hey, I'm no fan of these kind of things, but I was channel surfing during a rare night of relaxation and happened across it. I decided to watch a couple of the singers and they were actually pretty decent, but nothing to write home about. Then this woman name Jordis came out and did Bowie's "The Man Who Sold the World" in a stripped down "unplugged" version, and it was freakin' awesome. What a voice and what a fantastic rendition. That goof Navarro called it "one of the best vocal performances he'd ever heard", and I would have to agree with that. She was, in a word, dazzling. I may watch this show again just to hear her sing. I think I can actually buy the tune on some website, and I aim to do it. I'll make sure I put in on my next comp too.

Regards, and have one helluva weekend,
    Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

No.

The Bowie cover does sound intriguing, but I can't bring myself to sit through something like that. Great to catch something decent that's unexpected in that way, but not worth it to subject myself to prime-time television programming.

I don't like others.

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    I hate to admit it, but I'm a reality show junkie. I do admit that it's gone a little far these days with cooking shows; decorating shows; dance shows; and even shows where you can trade your spouse in to test drive a new model.

But, I've never missed an episode of Survivor or The Amazing Race. And with crappy summer reruns the only thing on TV, I even got sucked in to watching Big Brother.

So, yes, I watch the INXS show. And you're right, there are some pretty good singers on it. My favourite is Mig, from Australia. Not only does he manage to do a great job with every song he sings, but he even works out the arrangements for the house band so that the songs don't just sound like covers. He's a very talented and creative guy. My guess is that he's too talented for INXS. I think that they just want someone who will sing their songs, not someone who can rearrange them and make them better.

And that rendition of The Man Who Sold The World, totally blew my socks off! It was the best thing that I've heard on TV in a long, long time. Funny that you should mention the download. I haven't done it yet, but I was planning on checking around to see if I could find it. Let me know if you find it anywhere. I'd also like to have it.

Here's a link for you...

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I hate to admit it, but I'm a reality show junkie. I do admit that it's gone a little far these days with cooking shows; decorating shows; dance shows; and even shows where you can trade your spouse in to test drive a new model.

But, I've never missed an episode of Survivor or The Amazing Race. And with crappy summer reruns the only thing on TV, I even got sucked in to watching Big Brother.

So, yes, I watch the INXS show. And you're right, there are some pretty good singers on it. My favourite is Mig, from Australia. Not only does he manage to do a great job with every song he sings, but he even works out the arrangements for the house band so that the songs don't just sound like covers. He's a very talented and creative guy. My guess is that he's too talented for INXS. I think that they just want someone who will sing their songs, not someone who can rearrange them and make them better.

And that rendition of The Man Who Sold The World, totally blew my socks off! It was the best thing that I've heard on TV in a long, long time. Funny that you should mention the download. I haven't done it yet, but I was planning on checking around to see if I could find it. Let me know if you find it anywhere. I'd also like to have it.

http://music.msn.com/artist/?artist=43354607

You'll be able to play the sample. I'm having some issues buying due to the settings on my PC, but I'm in the process of changing them so I can buy this.

Swish
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    I enjoy it and the fricken House Band it hot. I dont see a chick as Inxs lead signer.
    Look & Listen

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    I have also been enjoying the show. It is interesting for me to see some of the creative process artists go through. I think Mig has my vote right now. Makes me want to pull out all my INXS vinyl.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

I couldn't care less who they choose as their singer...

Quote Originally Posted by shokhead
    I enjoy it and the fricken House Band it hot. I dont see a chick as Inxs lead signer.
    as I was never a fan of INXS. They took the audition process and put it on TV, and I have to say that was a pretty good idea for a "reality" show. Many bands audition for new musicians (a old acquaintance is an excellent jazz drummer. Went to the Berkley School of Music in Boston and all. He auditioned for Spyro Gyra and was up against about 60 others! It came down to him and another guy who ended up with the gig touring Japan, Australia and such) but they took it to a difference level. I guess I'm wondering why they took this long to find a replacement for Hutchins? They all look so friggin' old now.

BTW, I did purchase the Bowie cover by that female singer, recorded live on the show of course, and I can't say it's that good after hearing it several times. I guess I got caught up in the live performance, which sounded (looked?) better than what I'm hearing on the download. It's still very good, but not earth-shattering.

Swish

Thread Information