Barbarians is incredible!

Don't you just love when an album far exceeds your expectations?

What little talk I see of Richard Davies on the web is virtually always about Telegraph so I kinda assumed Barbarians just wasn't as good. Wrong! It's excellent throughout. It doesn't quite have that bluesy 'Stones/Young-esque jam feel to it that Telegraph has in certain songs. It is, however, more raucous and to-the-point and the song-writing and production values are certainly every bit as good.

Why artists/bands this special slip under the radar, for this long, even among indie fans, is beyond me. You would think after all this time word would get out. Well, I think this is something that deserves to find a wider audience so I'll do what little I can. Click here for an evaluation copy (Lame V0 mp3). If you end up liking it, buy it! I need new RD albums to be made
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Thanks for the heads up, I don't know why I haven't followed up on Telegraph which is just so f'ing good; still gets regular play for me even 6 or 7 years later - rare indeed. With your entusiastic endorsement, I'm going to bump Barbarians up to the top of my "to buy" list. (and thanks for the eval copy.)
    "I don't know. A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." The Right Honourable JC.

Thread Information