Forum Regular

New sounds anybody??

Haven’t seen a comp up for grabs for a long long time and things are pretty dire round here at the moment so let’s see if I can tease out a few responses. Anybody fancy hearing some new sounds? well most from this year with some raves from 2005 to fill the tracklist out. This comp has a bit of something for most people and is 100% guaranteed to give your system a bit of a workout.

We have some upbeat sounds from Absentee, Secret Machines, Snow Patrol and the Infadels.

Some softer pastoral sounds from people like M Craft, Barzin, Tunng, Gomez and something from Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan.

Then there’s a bit of electronica from people like Royksopp, Tosca, Thievery Corporation.

In between there’s some great sounds from Sol Seppy, Shack, Spinto Band and Delays, a track from the Grandaddy swansong album and my own personal favourite from last year Electric President with more than a nod to our old friends The Notwist.

And finishing off with the ambient sounds of Marconi Union recording on the same label as Brian Eno these guys from Manchester pick up the baton from Brian with a modern backbeat in places.

Send me a pm with your address if you want to try it.

Cheers
    Mike

Absolutely. I'm PM you. Thanks.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

Yeah, count me in. I think the only thing I've heard that you mentioned is that new Shack we talked a lot about.

Love a copy, Mike.

I believe you still have my addie.

Looking fwd to hearing it.

Cheers,

Bill

Hi Mikey!

I'd love one! I'll PM you with my address.

Is the Snow Patrol track from Eyes Open? Being that it's Monday and I'm slightly brain-dead... Do you know who the female Canadian singer is that sang on one of the tracks with them? I heard it this weekend but sitting here at my desk I can't recall who it was and I can't figure it out from their webpage.

Tankyouvedymuch,

Snowie

edit: Hey! Where's the PM button?

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    Is the Snow Patrol track from Eyes Open? Being that it's Monday and I'm slightly brain-dead... Do you know who the female Canadian singer is that sang on one of the tracks with them? I heard it this weekend but sitting here at my desk I can't recall who it was and I can't figure it out from their webpage.
    I think that would be Martha Wainwright.

The new sounds I'm most enjoying these days are

Hawksley Workman has returned to his quirky roots with Treeful of Starling. He calls these songs hymns for a dying planet and a culture in decay.

Limited edition CDs come with 3/12 Artist's Cards by Tim Domoslai who did the cover.

Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn
    I think that would be Martha Wainwright.
    WTH? I just tried to reply to this and got booted out of the forum??? Maybe because I mentioned the title of the thread about self-pleasure???

I give up....

Thanks, FA! That is the correct answer!

Snowie

Forum Regular

Wow...

Looks like there is life in the old forum yet, plenty of replies in my pm inbox.

But I need an up to date address for you Davey boy I've lost track of where you are now, and Snowie can you send me a pm with your address too. I'll be sending the comp entitled 'Come Running' out this weekend.

Cheers
    Mike

Sounds cool Mike, lots of stuff I've been wanting to hear..

-jar
    If being afraid is a crime we'll hang side-by-side,
    at the swingin' party down the line..

The Replacements

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Looks like there is life in the old forum yet, plenty of replies in my pm inbox.

Cheers
    Mike
    I can't speak for others Mike, but I know that my comp making really suffered after I purchased my iPod. Now I just make playlists for myself...so much easier.

Forum Regular
    I can't speak for others Mike, but I know that my comp making really suffered after I purchased my iPod. Now I just make playlists for myself...so much easier.
    Thinking about it yer right, I haven't made a comp since I got my ipod just after Christmas, but a friend asked me for some recent stuff and I've kind of got back into it.

Cheers
    Mike

Now I just make playlists for myself...so much easier.
    Yeah, and if I had an iPod for my car I wouldn't need CD-Rs at all. I'm made a little Grandaddy playlist spanning pretty much their entire career and can upload it if anyone wants it.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike

But I need an up to date address for you Davey boy I've lost track of where you are now, and Snowie can you send me a pm with your address too. I'll be sending the comp entitled 'Come Running' out this weekend.

Cheers
    Mike
    I would but I seem to have lost my PM privileges. There's no PM buttons for me. Maybe Davey could give you my addie. He's sent me enough stuff he must have it memorized by now!

Snowie

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny
    I would but I seem to have lost my PM privileges. There's no PM buttons for me. Maybe Davey could give you my addie. He's sent me enough stuff he must have it memorized by now!
    For future reference, you could always click on the user name, then click on "Send a private message to..." whomever.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Thread Information