Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New post

New post

Not one post since yesterday?

C'mon!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cool! Now my wife can make Trucker Bombs too!

Chicago IL
    WOW! Nice one!

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    You've got to be kidding me!

My YEC is almost ready. I'm waiting for:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

The Art Teacher and the Little Stallion...

Quote Originally Posted by Slosh
    My YEC is almost ready. I'm waiting for:
    ...sounds like a keeper. Has this already been released and you're waiting for delivery?
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Well, what else is there to post about?

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Not one post since yesterday?

C'mon!
    All the greatest music was recorded back in the late 70s and 80s, so why do we even bother?
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish
    All the greatest music was recorded back in the late 70s and 80s, so why do we even bother?
    You are correct, but there are reissues and remasters to blab on about endlessly, such as the new Devo remasters.
    And the world will turn to flowing pink vapor stew.

...sounds like a keeper. Has this already been released and you're waiting for delivery?
    It was supposed to be released sometime in Sept.

Then Oct. 6.

Then Nov. 10.

Don't know what the delay is but it has been paid for months ago and I'm still waiting.
    Originally Posted by Troy: She has that same kind of cleft-pallet, slightly retarded way of singing that so many other people find endearing.

Well, maybe you can answer this question for me then.

I want to make a GooGoo Dolls comp. But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to to just take the songs that were radio hits and put them on a comp, or do I have to use deeper cuts? What are the rules regarding this? I'd really liked to hear only the songs that were hits. But then I could just listen to the radio more if I wanted to hear those songs. So should I use the songs that don't get played on the radio instead? Even though I don't like those songs as much and don't really want to listen to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    ...new Devo remasters.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn

I want to make a GooGoo Dolls comp. But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to to just take the songs that were radio hits and put them on a comp, or do I have to use deeper cuts? What are the rules regarding this? I'd really liked to hear only the songs that were hits. But then I could just listen to the radio more if I wanted to hear those songs. So should I use the songs that don't get played on the radio instead? Even though I don't like those songs as much and don't really want to listen to them?
    How many hits did they have, like 3?

I'd make the damn thing 80 minutes long, interspersing the hits w/ the misses, making the hits sound even better. You can always fast-forward, you know.

fp (quantity, not quality)

42 Regular

Ah, sweet memories of a better, vanished time.

Wait... have you guys heard the new one from The Church? After Everything, Now This? Feel the chills, man, feel the chills!!!
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    You could just make a comp of all their good songs, which will save a buncha time, not to mention a CD-R
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

FA, just want you to know your joke wasn't lost on everyone.

Hard to believe Finch doesn't remember toliveandpukeinnewyork.

Thanks Stone.

Heck, even I remember that.
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

That guy was also prone to flogging some singer-songwriter whose name I can't recall, Peter something, I think, but if it makes any sense I believe his last name seemed Greek. Anyway...I'm not even sure if he did this here or not, but it was done often on the Asylum, at the very least.

A year or two after he seemed to cease and desist with the excited proclamations that this guy was like a new Dylan, only better, a copy of this sonic delight crossed my desk.

I wish I could say it sucked rocks. I even sort of wish I could say I liked it, or even sort of liked it. I couldn't even bring myself to dislike it. It was too much of a nonentity, too painfully mediocre. And I was expecting a whopping turd.

That would have at least been entertaining.

I listened to the songs I long ago culled from the Goo Goo Dolls' first three albums as consolation.

I don't like others.

Jay, if I was at home, I could find that album, as I had the same basic story- found it for a buck or 2- thought the guy's name was Stephen something or other that started with a D, mebbe Delopolous, or close to that. Called Me Not Talk Funny, or something equally as mundane. A snoozer.
    ----Never Off Topic, Never Rude-----

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names

I remembered the style of post, but the name of the poster eluded me...yeah, I got the joke...she did say Goo Goo Dolls dint she?

We had someone similar on PE a while ago (Blue Vino) who was trying to spam his avant rock band (Blue Vino) outta Vegas (but it really sounded more like a Black Sabbath cover band). He'd pretend to post in threads about prog bands, then always tried to turn it into an advert for his band. He left us with gems like, "Can you not imagine music that's more technical and above and beyond what's already out, but you just can't physically play it. It's pretty easy." He absolutely begged the board for critique of his band's music (from their Myspace page) and a few members let him have it...boy did they ever. He immediatedly dismissed PE as 'not capable of getting him' and hasn't been back since.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

42 Regular

I'm impressed as hell that you remembered the guy's ID. Seriously.
    But can you remember the guy I was parodying in my last post? Hint: he was named after an album by a popular Canadian band.

Anybody?
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MidFi
    I'm impressed as hell that you remembered the guy's ID. Seriously.
    But can you remember the guy I was parodying in my last post? Hint: he was named after an album by a popular Canadian band.

Anybody?
    Dood, was that Rush Power Windows? I seem to recall he did the same over at the Asylum.

Yep, TLADINY was a gem. What about the "hot" tracks? I think he ended up getting banned for plagiarizing movie reviews in the films forum. amazing that the general stupidity wasn't enough to do that.

Ooooo, Devo remasters?

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark

Ooooo, Devo remasters?

jc
    Yes, but only for Are We Not Men? and Freedom of Choice. FOC desperately needed it. They added some live bonus tracks on to each too.

42 Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    Dood, was that Rush Power Windows? I seem to recall he did the same over at the Asylum.
    Ding ding! Winner-winner, chicken dinner!
    Mr. MidFi
    Master of the Obvious

Yes, but only for Are We Not Men? and Freedom of Choice. FOC desperately needed it. They added some live bonus tracks on to each too.
    I've got those bad boys on vinyl and I've never had an issue with SQ so I'll probably be OK. I've got enough Devo bootlegs that I'm probably covered on the live tracks too. Nice to know though.

Stone - tell me some good albums to buy! What's playing at Stone's house lately???

Midfi - I had to cheat a little bit : ( I had to look up the Rush discography to jog my memory. Not really a Rush fan as you probably could have guessed!

Hope things are going well.

jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information