New Patrick Moraz CD: ESP

Printable View

• 12-12-2003, 11:40 AM
    BarryL
    New Patrick Moraz CD: ESP
    I've been listening to the new Moraz CD this week, called ESP, which stands for Etudes, Sonatas & Preludes. Moraz has played keyboards with Yes on the Relayer album and tour, and then played keys for the Moody Blues for about 20 years.

Like his last solo CD, this one is all accoustic piano solos. Unlike his previous CD, this one is all short classically oriented pieces. I don't know my classical pianists, but this sounds like the kind of thing you would hear on a Mozart or Debussey piano CD. Very nice, very classical, very musical. There is nothing particulary "Moraz" about this. Essenially, it is a classical piano CD, destined for immediate oblivion.

If you know Moraz's work, you may want to pick this up. Try his website at www.moraz.com, I suppose, or do a Google. I think I ordered mine from CD Planet.
  • 12-12-2003, 12:25 PM
    Dave_G
    Ho Hum.

Not for me.

Dave
  • 01-01-2004, 12:25 PM
    BarryL
    But you might like...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave_G
    Ho Hum.

Not for me.

Dave

His Live At Princeton CD is a solo piano CD, but very proggy.

You might like his first solo CD released just after the Yes Relayer thing, called "I". I think this is a great keyboard CD, with tons of latin influence and the unique Moraz playing style. He could have done a better job a picking vocalists and excluding himself.

If I sent you a copy of Refugee years back, give that a listen. There is some great prog compositional material here. Unfortunately, this is not available on CD, which is a real shame. I consider it a lost classic.
  • 01-01-2004, 12:46 PM
    hifitommy
    MRAZ not moraz nt
    i said nt
  • 01-01-2004, 03:01 PM
    BarryL
    No. Moraz, not MRAZ. (n/t)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hifitommy
    i said nt