• 04-10-2009, 02:29 PM
    Finch Platte
    1 Attachment(s)
    The new Heaven & Hell album
    "The Devil You Know", featuring 10 soon-to-be-classic tracks from the Dio-fronted version of BLACK SABBATH, arrives in North America on April 28 from Rhino for a suggested list price of $18.98 (physical) and $9.99 (digital). It will also be made available as a limited-edition CD+DVD featuring band interviews and rehearsal footage. More information will be made available soon.

Roadrunner Records last week announced the signing of HEAVEN & HELL for the territories of Europe, Australia, New Zealand and South America.

Bible Black is the new single. The track begins with Tony Iommi on acoustic guitar behind Dio's plaintive wail before the rhythm shifts to a menacing stomp for the rest of this dark tale about a book of sinister scriptures. One of the first songs written for the album, Dio says it established a tone for the rest of the LP. "When you start off with a blockbuster like that, it makes the rest of the album so much easier because it gives you a benchmark to measure the other songs against."

"The Devil You Know" track listing:

01. Atom And Evil
    02. Fear
    03. Bible Black
    04. Double The Pain
    05. Rock And Roll Angel
    06. The Turn Of The Screw
    07. Eating The Cannibals
    08. Follow The Tears
    09. Neverwhere
    10. Breaking Into Heaven

It's out there somewhere, but you didn't hear it from me. :crazy:
  • 04-10-2009, 03:08 PM
    Mr Peabody
    I heard the single Bible Black and was not impressed. I like Dio in the early days, I have his first couple of solo albums and a lot of Rainbow with him on vocals. Black Sabbath's album Heaven & Hell is a master piece. I don't know what i expected but i was hoping for more than something that sounds like Bible Black. I also caught them a while back on Classic VH-1 in concert and Dio was so cliche I'm almost embarrassed by being a fan. So if Bible Black was the benchmark I can write this album off.

I don't know what happens to these guys. Dio's first two solo albums are great but after that you can tell he lost something and I don't think he found it.
  • 04-10-2009, 04:24 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    I don't know what happens to these guys. Dio's first two solo albums are great but after that you can tell he lost something and I don't think he found it.

Yeah, he lost Viv Campbell and moved on with the utterly forgetable Craig Goldie...

I saw a recent vid out of Europe with Ronnie playing with Doug Aldritch. Aldritch is about six foot three....six foot six with hair....and the contrast was laugh-out-loud funny as Dio has surely shrunk to three foot six troll status.
  • 04-10-2009, 06:46 PM
    3-LockBox
    I couldn't open it...
  • 04-11-2009, 05:06 AM
    Slosh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 3-LockBox
    I couldn't open it...

I have absolutely no interest in this and didn't grab it but see it is a .rar folder. 7zip can extract it and is free and doesn't try to take over your registry the way WinZip does.
  • 04-11-2009, 05:26 AM
    GMichael
    I got to see Dio with BS for the Heaven & Hell tour. I think it was 1980 or 81. We called it the Black and Blue tour as BOC was touring with them. It was a great show. One of the best. Dio was fantastic that night. A voice that was so strong that it shook us to the bone. But I haven't heard much else of his that I've liked. Ranbow was ok. A couple of good songs was it for me.
    I'll give this a chance, but won't have high hopes.
  • 04-11-2009, 07:39 AM
    Mr Peabody
    I saw Dio as well in the mid 80's. Unfortunately it was on the Sacred Heart tour but he still put on a great show. I think how he does the medley thing with some of the songs is like a trademark for him. This show had a lot of visuals like knights and a dragon on stage.

I think the best Rainbow album as a whole would be the live album. Not only is it a super group line up with Tony Carey on keys and Cozie Powell on drums, and of course Dio and Blackmore, the music and arrangements are good. One of my all time favorite Rainbow songs is the 18 minute version of Catch A Rainbow off this album. The album version pales in comparison. A lot of what plagues the old Rainbow albums is the production. Even a newer version of Long Live Rock & Roll leaves a lot to be desired in the sound quality. One might check for some type of anthology of Rainbow, I'll have to check that because they do have a lot of good songs but I have to agree that as a whole some of the albums get a bit weak.