Need your help for these lyrics...

Hi, everybody,

If someone out there has the ALESINI & ANDREONI "Marco Polo" cd, could you please post here the lyrics of the songs?

I have searched for them over the Net, but was unable to find anything.

Thanks in advance,
    Demetrio.

Hey Big D. How do you like that CD? I've heard 2 of the David Sylvian songs as they're on his retrospective he put out a few years ago. Nice. Just listened to a couple other instrumentals and they're pretty nice as well. It's on the same label as Hector Zazou is on now and seems to have a similar feel to some of his work. Very interesting concept. Even a similar cast of characters to some of the Zazou albums. Maybe not quite as eclectic, but still lots of talent. I see even Roger Eno was on board for that one.

Anyway, not sure about the whole lyric package but you can get the 3 David Sylvian songs at his site. I'll post them below. Might have to look up the others individually based on who wrote them.

An interesting description too from this Marco Polo page at http://www.pierluigiandreoni.it/marco.html ...

A "concept" album like this could be rather cringeworthy, but Alesini and Andreoni (and Materiali Sonori) seem to have enough taste to avoid the cheesiness that have plagued such releases in the past. In this respect, this CD can be compared to Hector Zazou's recent releases, and the similarities do not stop there. Zazou's Sahara Blue was text-inspired (Rimbaud's poems), as is Marco Polo (Sklovskij's 1972 Russian bio of the Italian explorer in question). And the excellent choice and use of guest musicians -- in some cases the very *same* musicians -- make A&A's work sucessful for reasons similar to HZ's. David Sylvian writes the vocal lines & lyrics, and sings, on three of the tracks; David Torn is on two; and Harold Budd and Roger Eno contribute as well. Sylvian's abstractionist approach to lyrics plays a large part in the avoidance of a hackneyed, linear, plot-based development of the Marco Polo concept. Said lyrics even go so far as to offer some meaty themes inspired by Marco Polo as icon of west-meets-east conundra, rather than by Marco Polo as guy-who-sure-did-get around-a-bit-didn't-he figure. For example, Maya is a "grass is always greener" mantra, which seems to be extolling the virtues of other worlds simply because they are other. Yet this simplistic idealization and objectification of the exotic is undermined by the meaning of the title: illusion. This theme is very deep indeed -- so deep as to be sexual -- and yet it is a central aspect to the Marco Polo legend.

Come Morning
    God is in the silences
    Between the rhythms rise and falling
    The starring of the skies of blue
    The promise of tomorrows calling

Hey ho and away we go
    Hey ho come morning

Hey ho and away we go
    Hey ho come morning

Hey ho and away we go
    Hey ho come morning

The Golden Way