• 05-23-2011, 02:22 PM
    Troy
    Odds are pretty good I listened to XTC's Skylarking more than anyone else here. It was in the first batch of CDs I ever bought when I switched over from vinyl.

I'm sure I've listened to Bellybutton by Jellyfish more times than anyone else here too. Ween's Mollusk too.

All the Wall of Voodoo albums. The first 3 Stan Ridgway solo albums too. I've listened to Mosquitos about 100,000 times.

Ultravox- Vienna. All day, every day, back in the day

Mike Keneally's Boil That Dustspeck and Sluggo! Does anyone around here even own those albums?
  • 05-24-2011, 08:15 AM
    3LB
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Odds are pretty good I listened to XTC's Skylarking more than anyone else here.

nope

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostamerica
    All the Wall of Voodoo albums. The first 3 Stan Ridgway solo albums too.

now this is what I thought you'd say
    Quote:

Originally Posted by designshed
    Mike Keneally's Boil That Dustspeck and Sluggo! Does anyone around here even own those albums?

I prolly should. He posts quite often over at PE, seems like nice guy. Rarely pimps himself.
  • 05-24-2011, 08:29 AM
    MasterCylinder
    Quote:

I own SLUGGO and DANCING.
    I bought DUST SPECK for a crazy guitar-player buddy of mine and he told me that "the guy is obviously great but this CD is just weird" !

Speaking of DANCING..................not once have I ever played LIVE IN JAPAN for anyone that did not immediately get very impressed..............in a positive way.
  • 05-24-2011, 03:23 PM
    Troy
    Yeah, Keneally is the most approachable pro musician I've ever seen. He's just a super cool guy will talk to anyone about anything music.

I agree MC, Live in Japan is a terriffic hooky song with a lot of broad appeal. Tranquillado or Potato is a great place to take them next.
  • 05-26-2011, 11:56 PM
    Rael Imperial Aerosol Kid
    Quote:

I have both of those; great stuff! And I agree, mike is very approachable. To wit, my copy of sluggo has his autograph and a "happy birthday" note. He sat with me and my gf for half hour after a show a few years back. Really down to earth guy.